Posts by BabyGerald

I've been using the Wilton heavy duty turntable (Michael's 50% off coupon...) and I loved it - at first.After using it very frequently for about 1 year, it developed a wobble that became worse & worse. Now, I hate using it because it even tilts on its own at rest.Argh! I blame its failure on the "peg in a hole" design. Therefore, I'm looking for a ball-bearing model that holds up to regular decorating. (Likely Fat Daddio's based on recommendations...
Thanks for the link! Does anyone know the shelf-life of chocolate transfer sheets?(I thought the image was cocoa butter - seems like it'd spoil?)Cheers,-Jerry
Hi, there.I know you're not supposed to cut cookie dough on Silpats using a knife, according to the manufacturer. (Fiberglass threads can be exposed)That said...Do you guys do it anyway?Do you use cookie cutters?What interesting kinds of re-purposed tools have you discovered to cut dough directly onto a Silpat? (My primary goal is cutting long, straight lines through dough for gingerbread houses - using patterns as a guide.)For example, I just discovered a plastic...