Posts by BabyGerald

Ganache will certainly harden at room temperature, as well. (Refrigeration not necessary.)
Hmm... I always thought the definition of "gourmet" was "expensive."
I've been using the Ateco mat for a couple of years and love it, too!
I can't help myself... I LOVE this cake.It made me laugh out loud for it's absurd, over-the-top, nearly shabby chic style. Quite memorable, yes?Then again, I tend to like stuff that other people hate...I'd love to try it with clean cakes...Cheers,-j
Great examples!-j
Great examples!-j
Steam cleaning your printer and/or print head would NOT be sufficient to achieve food safety if you actually intended to switch between edible and regular inks.You should never use a printer for edible image printing that has seen regular ink ever before. As far as I have ever heard, this point is an ironclad health & safety rule.(I only mention it here because this thread could get pulled up with a search engine and negligiently misinform someone - even if the previous...
It is possible to find large quantites of pure vanilla online for purchase. Nielssen-Massy pure vanilla extract can be purchased in a 32 fluid oz. bottle for a cost savings. Sorry, I don't know anything about imitation vanilla or oil.Good luck!-j
This is a brilliant cake! What 5 year-old wouldn't freak out about it? Heck, I'd love this as a birthday cake and I'm a *bit* older than 5...
Thanks for the post - I LOVE IT!