Posts by lovepug4

YAY!!! The camaro is complete! I used the lights from walmart and they look awesome!! I am so excited for him to see his cake!!I am posting pictures now. please look!! This is my first cake ever and I was brave and used fondant. I had trouble rolling it thin so the pieces are heavy causing it to droop more than planned, but it still looks awesome. I think this is going to be my new hobby!! [/img]
Ok, I have changed my mind again. My heart is too set on making this cake, I dont think I can give it up. I am going to attempt to make it anyways, so I should have pictures to post soon.
Unfortunately it looks like I may need to scrap the idea for now. I started to buy some of what I need and already it has cost $40 and that would normally be fine, but I just got a call today that my contract that I put on a house has been approved. I think I am going to need to take what I got back for now and give this a go once everything is set with the house. Thanks again to everyone! I am disappointed, I really wanted to do this project and I wanted to have...
The lights are maybe a little longer than a half inch but they shine brightly. They are perfect for what I am trying to do, no wires, no mess! I think I am going to enclose them in fondant and I may find something to go over the top but I dont think I need to. I had no idea that I could find them at walmart! It was a great suggestion, so thank you! I went right to the wedding section and they were right there.
Again, thank you everyone for the help. I actually went to check at walmart, and I found the 12 pack of the lights that you are talking about. They look like they are going to work great. I will definitely post pictures when I am done. I hope I dont mess up the cake though, I really have never sculpted something so delicate. I am excited to get started!!!
Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions. I have two options at the moment. A craft store near my college campus sells mighty bright mini tap lights which would work perfectly, but they are $11. My other option is $3 light up stars (off of earrings) from the party store. I think I will check the cheaper ones out first and if they don't look like they will work well, I will pick up the mighty bright ones. I cant find the lights on the Walmart website, but I...
I will look at Walmart, I hope mine has those lights, that would be more ideal, I dont know if I am very comfortable running wire through my very first cake. I will check when I get out of work to see if I can find them. Thanks to all of those who have already given suggestions. I will definitely try all of those options. More suggestions are always welcome
My boyfriends birthday is next Tuesday, so I have 6 days to figure this out and finish it. I am going to make him a 3D hand carved '99 Camaro and really want to add working headlights. I have manipulated an old string of Christmas lights so that there are two bulbs and a long wire to connect to a battery, and they work. I have read that to insert them into the cake I should have them inside a tube. The problem is, I don't have a tube, and none of the stores that I can...