Posts by jenmat

FYI- Walmart's Black Friday Sale includes a cricut expression for $199 and cartridges for $30.
Yep- they are a lot like those. Except Sam's Club is WAY cheaper. I like how they work. You just have to make sure the insert is pressed into the box a ways, or your cuppies will fall through!
I use cupcake tins- the plastic ones with the snap lids just like the grocery store. For big orders I went to Sam's Club, purchased a case of cupcake inserts from the bakery. THey hold 30 cupcakes, and I use those for weddings in 1/2 sheet boxes. I have also done many cupcakes in a simple 1/2 sheet box or 1/4 sheet box without an insert. Works fine- just make sure the box fits the amount of cupcakes you need.
I just had a bride email me with a budget of $150 for 200 people, and at the most expensive country club in the area. The old me would have worked with her to try and make it fit. Now, after a couple of years and a larger backbone, I just told her she was being unbelievably unrealistic and a better budget would be $500 MINIMUM, and that's with a bunch of sheet cakes.Never expected to hear back from her, but she got right back to me, thanked me for being so frank and...
oh yes, I have that problem a LOT. the only thing that works for me is putting the cake in a box. It seems to keep the condensation off, and the colors from running as much. I can't wait to get a new fridge with a humidity control. Someone suggested DampRid to me, but I'm hesitant to use it since I could just imagine what my health inspector would say to that!
i was really expecting a mess, but that cake is adorable- and although it doesn't have a lot of detailing, if you see the picture on the invite, it totally makes sense. She specifically asked it to look like the invite? I'm not sure the part about the "filled with buttercream." Did she mean there was too much filling in between the layers?I think you did the right thing- she doesn't deserve a full refund, she doesn't even deserve a partial refund really- but the offer of...
if this ever happens to you again- first, ALWAYS get a contract, but you know that. Then, NO ONE has a right to talk to you like that. The fact that you took it clued her into the fact that you would also give her a refund. Take the cake, tell her you will contact her about reimbursement, and DO NOT TAKE THAT CR%$!!! I'm sorry this happened to you, but the only one who can demand respect for you is YOU. And I would have told her to go ahead and dispute the charges. You...
I do use rhinestones sometimes. I do have the bride sign a waiver. I use Dreamtime Creations. Its a website that sells every size you can think of and almost every color too. Good prices and pretty fast shipping. HTH
that's a great blog and a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
So, let me get this straight- snarky, your bakery will sell a cake to a bride that serves 165, but the bride only pays for 155 because that is what she needs. So she's getting 10 servings for free?If I was that bride I would just adjust my count accordingly to get as much as I could for free.So, if you book the 165 and then she calls and says, well I was at 154 and now I'm at 145, but the next cake down only serves 135, so you refund her the money? If you say that you...