Posts by lomfise

Ditto
It seems to me it's been a while since there's been a contest here on CC. I know there is one in the magazine, but I don't subscribe to that, and I'm not sure if it isn't already over?I miss the contests here, especially those with a "different" theme like the steampunk contest last year, as I had to think outside the box to come up with an idea worth submitting. And I know my colleagues miss the contests too as they got to eat the cake It's not the prize I enter the...
Hi allThanks for your replies, you've given me something to think about and lots of ideas I will have to try. I think my first attempt will be with foil around the sides of the tin (I haven't got bake even stripes) and then covering the tin when the cake starts to brown. Thanks again.
Hi, in the last few days I've been trying to make stawberry cake, but I can't seem to avoid it getting brown around the edges and on the top when I bake it. Not "burned" brown, but the kind of brown other kinds of cakes become. So I was wondering if anyone has a trick that will keep the cake red throughout? I'm thinking that those who make white cake that is actually white all over might have an idea.I know I can just cut of the top and edges, but I don't think it looks...
What? Seriously? I'm impressed you could reply so politely. At that time of the day I'd have called her something very rude Does she next call a dressmaker asking if she can make a wedding dress in a matter of hours?? Some people
Saw it and laughed like I haven't for a long time. Those poor brides, I hope they've been able to see the funny side and not let an ugly cake ruin their day
Alsiemen, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, 30 years old is much too young to be taken from his family and friends. My heart goes out to you. My aunt can luckily still eat most things, though not as much of it, and the only effects of the kemo so far is that she is easily tired. I've put all your ideas to my mother, and we discussed this for a while, but I've decided to stick with a coffeecup cookie, a teaspoon cookie, some coffebean cookies and a "normal" chocolate...
I use the kind of turn table you put under a tv or large plant, I got it at IKEA for 49 DKR, which is approximatelt 10 USD.It's rather large, about 16 inches across, and flat, but it works great for me. You can see it under the cake here: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1602427
Hi allYou've really given me something to think about with your ideas. Luckily there's still a long time for Christmas, and I will spend the next few weeks pondering all you've said here. I think there are some very good suggestions, and I might end up combining some of them. Thanks for your help
Hi allThanks for your replies. Trajones, I'm sorry to hear about your mother and mother in law, I hope they will get better soon. Cancer is unfortunately an all too common disease I had thought of the pink cancer ribbon, but as I understand it that is the symbol for breast cancer and my aunt has lung cancer, and I think I would prefer not to make anything that reminds her of her illness just for that one day. I've made her flower cookies before and wanted to make...