Posts by mrsmontgomery

Magpies is a pretty popular bakery in Knoxville. They have really great stuff and I have seen them post jobs for kitchen help before. I would call and talk to them or at least check out their website. Also, there is a girl in sevierville I think that works from home. I know she had posted at one time that she was selling some stuff at a place called the Tin Roof Cafe or something like that. I think her business is called AngelCakes. Her name is Angela Adkins and you could...
Thank you so much. I'm working on a b-day cake for a friend which is really more for practice and a surprise for him. Ill post pics when I'm done. One more thing, have you ever done a topsy turvy Rylan? If so, what method do you prefer for assembly? (cardboard cake circles or SPS)TIA
Hi, I have read everything so far but I guess I am a little behind as I still don't understand what to do. I have a topsy turvy wedding cake coming up and I really want to get clean edges so i would like to put ganache under the fondant. Does anyone mind giving me directions from the beginning? I found a recipe that said to heat 1 pint of cream just to boiling and pour over 16oz of semi sweet choc chips then add 2 tsp vanilla after it is mixed. Where do I go from here?...
I know I have seen this topic somewhere but I spent the last hour searching and can't find it. Im trying to figure out a basic schedule to follow for making a wedding cake. I have baked all of my layers and they are now cooling. I have made my buttercream and I am unsure what to do next. It is almost 11 on a wed. night and the cake is due sat at 2. Do I go ahead and torte/crumb coat tonight and then ice them tomorrow? I am doing a raspberry sleeve mixed with buttercream...
She says everything is gumpaste. My suggestion would be to blow up a very small balloon or something and form the gumpaste around it,then when it hardens you can just pop the balloon and you would be left with the hollow globe. hth.
She says everything is gumpaste. My suggestion would be to blow up a very small balloon or something and form the gumpaste around it,then when it hardens you can just pop the balloon and you would be left with the hollow globe. hth.
thanks texas. my dh just left for work and i showed him the cake. his reply "why does the red look like that?" lmao. i said its supposed to be fushia and i think it is sinking. he is usually very encouraging but he said nothing lol. this thing has to make an hour drive too. shoot me now. maybe i can grab a nap this afternoon with my 2 year old.
I wonder if you could do some sort of swag. maybe that would tie it all together a little bit better. I agree that the bottom tier could be a little bit smaller but maybe if you did the swag from top to bottom it would give the illusion of a smaller base. I'm just offering my opinion. I havent slept yet so my judgement may not be the best. hth.make sure you post a final pic., good luck.
trying to get a few pics uploaded....just looked outside...its getting light out. ..why do we do this again??
jana- i ended up making a chocolate buttercream and it turned out a decent color. i got the icing on the cake and realized i forgot to add the meringue powder....arg!! i really really hate this cake. I promise the fushia this woman sent me the pic of is almost the same exact color on the cake but i think it looks like a pile of poop. This really has to be the worst color combo i have ever seen. Fushia,dark brown and light pink sound good in theory but omg...its hideous. I...