Posts by Lovelyladylibra

lmaooo cause I have a feeling we both know things are about to "blow up". Guess I'll have to wait until this evening to give you all a report. 
its a yellow cake (both tiers) Toba Garretts recipe. I don't even know how I managed that. I was rushing to get the order done because the customer was late with her payment but since it was my old neighbor I decided not to turn her away. I remember sitting the top tier on top of the bottom to see if I wanted then lined perfect or offset. Omg! It was cold but its still going to sit out at the party. I even center doweled it so I don't see how I could forget the bottom...
I would also keep it simple, dont hurt yourself. But I do like that oreo mold idea nice and easy yet still very cute!
I just sent a cake out the door and realized I forgot to put dowels in it!! It's a 2 tier square 8 & 6 inch covered in fondant! I'm a nervous wreak now! Do I call them and tell them or do I wait and see? It was for my old next door neighbor who I group up calling my other mom but she can be a hugeee drama queen at times. I can't believe I forgot to put dowels in! I never do that. 
You have an angry birds cake as your avatar... 
I use 1/4 inch dowels to roll my dough between. these cookies can be made in advance and frozen or stored in an airtight container (great for when you have huge cookie orders). I wouldn't suggest baking your cookies on foil though, I (and many other cookie decorators) use parchment paper. I roll on wax paper but you can roll on parchment paper also. Also before I place my cookies in the over I place the in the freezer for a couple of minutes, these reduces spreading...
I wouldn't put fondant on a smash cake for a 1 year old. It could be a big choking hazard. I suggest butter cream only.
vegetable oil 
meetup nyc cake decorators... im a member also. And atone of the culinary schools toba garrett has a week long course (3 of them actually) for $500+. its pricey but shes an amazing cake decorator and its worth it imo.