Posts by Cables4fun

Thank you all for the help with my hard fondant!! I REALLY appreciate it!! I love how everyone is so willing to help on this site! It is very unique!! I hope I know enough one day to help someone else!!Thanks again!!Cables4fun
I have a quick question..... I was kneading some Wilton fondant with Gum Tex in it, and it was VERY difficult. I am making fondant ribbon roses. Is there something I can add to make it easier? It seems REALLY dry!! Should I knead in a bit of shortening? Should I warm it as suggested earlier? I know the Wilton fondant is good for modelling because it is stiffer, but with the Gum Tex it seems really hard.Does anyone have any ideas? I would REALLY appreciate it!!Thank...
Alice,You are the best!! Thank you SOO much! I am going to try it with your recipe first thing in the morning! I would rather use sugar anyway, it is so much cheaper and I can experiment with colors more freely! Sorry for my rant guys, I just know everyone loves this and wants a definitive recipe. I got so into it, I forgot it is suppose to be fun!!Thanks Alice for the reality check, I needed it!!Have Fun Guys!!
Hi Everybody,I have been trying to follow all of these threads on these amazing tiles we all saw on Cake Challenge. However, I cannot keep it all straight! Do you need ISOMALT? Should we just use sugar? What temperature should we use? When and how do we add color to get the affect we all saw on T.V.?............PLEASE HELP!!! Does ANYONE know Jennifer M, or how to get in touch with her so that we can get "THE DIRECTIONS" to this Great Idea? I wrote to her contact...
Morselsbymark,PLEASE, PLEASE write down for us, Exactly what you did to make your tiles with the isomalt.I have Isomalt, silicone molds, etc.. all the parts, but I just don't know how to use it all. What temp. do you do what..... I know we would all REALLY appreciate your help when you get a chance. I know you have cakes to do!!Thank you SOOO much!!,Cables4fun!!
Excellent Idea!! Thank you SOO much!! Does it stay down better and not curl on the edges? Is it heavier than the Wilton Mat?Tha Wilton mat is nice with the measurements, but it moves around SOOO much and curls So bad that it drives me crazy!! I love the idea of putting the Wilton one under it. That way you have the best of both worlds!!Thank you again,Lauri
Hey Everyone,Just wanted to share that there is a GREAT SALE going on now at Sugar Delites. Three sets of Cutters are on sale, $10.00 off, the Scrolls, Modern Hearts, and Filigree Lace Cutters!! Their Diamond Quilter is also $3.00 off!! Oh, and the new BABY Cutters that are just TOO CUTE! I order from there all of the time and they have just added a LOT of new items. If you have never ordered from there before, just let me tell you, you cannot beat their service, fast...
I SOOO agree!! I would like to see more on the homepage and I hope MORE is coming!! The slide show was the first thing that caught my eye when I joined and then I found the Oh, SO, IMPORTANT DETAILS of the site! Hopefully, things will come togehter as soon as possible!
minicuppie,What a GREAT idea!! I will definately be doing that from now on!! Thank you SOOO much for the practical way to use extra chocolate!!Lauri
Best DVDs : All of Sharon Zambito's and both of Jennifer Dontz!! They both are so important!!Sharon's Buttercream is the Best!! Her directions are clear and very easy to follow. Her Stacking DVD has saved me many times!! You just cannot go wrong with her DVDs!!Jennifer Dontz's DVD are also imperative!! Her Chocolate Fondant, Candy Clay and Pearl Clay recipes are included and are worth the price themselves! The directions are so easy and clear. Ypu really feel...