Posts by STRAWBERRY1390

I'm not sure if this will help you, but for years I couldnt figure out what Madiera Sponge Cake was. I from the states and never heard of it until I purchased some cake decorating books from England. Well turns out Madiera is just plain ol Pound Cake. I was watching "Rachel Allen Bakes" on Cooking Channel and she said ".... for Madiera your going to need equal parts...." and thats when it hit me. Madiera is pound cake that once baked would be doused in Madiera Liquor. So I...
SO LOVED ANNA'S CAKE...but if the designer who did the elephant would have won if not the styrofoam.....lol....IMO.Happy caking,
Sadsmile how old is your aunt anyway. Because for all we know you can have like 16 aunts and uncles. shoo I have 12 aunts and uncles my mother is the youngest and she just hit 50 my gram is 77 my aunt who doesn't like to be upstaged is hitting 60. So im just wondering? Are we being unfair because we are missing the generational nuances, or are we being unfair because it was a private conversation. Either way the aunt shouldn't DICTATE what sadsmile will do for a cake. It...
YES BLESS YOUR HEART.Shoo I wish a mofo would tell me what I can and cannot do for my grandmother on her birthday....If you wanna make her a towering monster with nostalgic stair cases and fountains you do what you know will bring a smile to her face....screw everybody else. It is your money your time and your grandmother. I think your aunt doesn't want to be upstaged as she is "planning" this thing. Well to heck and beyond with her. You do what you want.Sorry but that...
Congratulations!!! Beautiful cakes.I keep saying to myself "one day"...lol
http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=938 sunflower sugar art has a claret. http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=938&s=15 and a raspberry take a look on gsa Good luck and happy caking,Stacy
I use sunflower brand and to be honest I used a 2 colors on my already tinted pinkish red 50/50 callas you can see them on my graduation disaster I used poppy red then went over it with cinnamon, tell me what you think to get it to luster i suppose you can use a brush that has left over super pearl on it and lightly go over the finished product.Good luck and happy caking,Stacy
AND YOU DO IT AWESOME; THEY BETTER BE SAYING THANK YOU DANG IT.
That's me the aspiring cake decorator/designer-whatever-...with no money.....just trying to work at the "day" job....exhausted when I leave that "day" job. But the pay is good so there I stay...I get all the time those retarded questions THAT JUST MAKE YOU WANNA SCREAM, it's not really that you are snubbing them when they say "I use too...." or "my mom can...." it is more like they are snubbing you.....previous poster stated hateration; yeah hateration on the rocks hun.......
LoL my sentiments exactly, while she was standing in front of the judges and Kerry told her that she came with a preconcieved idea and didnt complete a caker for her (Kerry) that nut case had the audacity to say the client isnt always right . I said to myself Oh no that B*@%H is friggin crazy...she makes no money and who says that to Kerry Vincent for christ sake. Then another poster posted her website and I took a look and I said to myself....jeez even her dang on site...