Posts by kileyscakes

also try rubbing the surface the fondant is on with crisco only, then when you cut it out it should just stick to the mat or table let it dry a little then lift it up with a knife. hthKiley
I actually just got done making mmf for the first time this morning and I used the recipe and directions from this you tube video and it worked out great, The recipe says 2 pounds but I ended up using a cup or so more than that which is normal it just depends on the humidity and such, I thought at first it was never gonna look like a dough but after adding that little bit extra it was fine, and I love using the kitchen aid which makes it alot easier. Hope this...
Hi, I am making my sisters graduation cake and am going to cut out 2009 by hand in fondant and I want to make it glittery and black, I am also going to put it on the front side of the cake so I can't let them dry completely before putting them on becuase they will need to bend somewhat, if all of that makes sense. So I bought some wilton black color spray and I have some black wilton edible glitter crushed fine. So I was wondering how I am going to be able to make my...
I just thought I would share this website I used to create my avatar, I was really having a hard time resizing my pic with Photoimpact and this way is much faster. I just went to this website and then resized it to 100 pixels and saved it to my pictures.http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
Hi, I am in Wilton course 4 and have some experience with fondant. I don't have any letter or number cutters or anything and I want to put 2009 on the side of the 6 inch fondant cake I am making to put on top of my cupcake stand. I have a few ideas I was going to look for a font on the computer and print it out the size I wanted and then use that as a guide and then cut it out, but would I need to let it dry a little before trying to attatch it to the side of the cake,...
Hi, I have made these cupcakes a few times and they taste great and people just love them, but they always bake funny. they are flat, brown on the edges and some of the batter runs off on the edges a little. To me they just don't look nice, they don't bake with a nice dome or anything. I can't figure out why, I will put the recipe below to see if there is anything anyone can think of as to why they do this, or if they have had the same problem. Here are the things I have...
Hi, I have made these cupcakes a few times and they taste great and people just love them, but they always bake funny. they are flat, brown on the edges and some of the batter runs off on the edges a little. To me they just don't look nice, they don't bake with a nice dome or anything. I can't figure out why, I will put the recipe below to see if there is anything anyone can think of as to why they do this, or if they have had the same problem. Here are the things I...
I was wondering how long a cake covered in fondant is good for? the buttercream is with all shortening, so it should be ok for a while right?
I made my wilton course three final cake last night and was wondering how long a fondant covered cake will last uncut? it is a wasc cake with wilton buttercream recipe with shortening. I want to maybe wait till sunday.ThanksKiley
I found this in their catalog and thought it was cool, I haven't got one yet though looks cool, but the idea above should work the samehttp://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=529&SubCatId=1208&productId=633445