Posts by kileyscakes

I am doing ok but it seems like the sugar gets so thick so fast that is is hard to pour I am using this recipe1 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 1/3 cup corn syrupboil to about 275 then start pouringany tips on how to make it pour better?ThanksKiley
well if anyone is interested in the end result, I ended up trying the paint tray/pallets that are circle I use to dry my sugar flowers on and it worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be all round but hey its better than nothing!!!thanks for all the suggestions though!
well if anyone is interested in the end result, I ended up trying the paint tray/pallets that are circle I use to dry my sugar flowers on and it worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be all round but hey its better than nothing!!!thanks for all the suggestions though!
macsmom that idea might just work, also yes they are for poured sugar I don't live anywhere close to get any right now, I am going to try to just make circles using my paint trays and just see what happens I am desperate or is there anything I can just pour the sugar on and let dry and then break up?
I have an order and my order for my jewel molds got screwed up so I won't have them in time is there any way to make them even if they are all just round? I was thinking of using my paint trays I use to dry flowers on since they are hard white plastic. I am totally freaking out now!ThanksKiley
Hi! I have not make sugar gems yet but am planning on getting everything to make them for cakes. I was wondering what the easiest and cheapest way is?Isomalt sticks?Hard plastic molds just sprayed with pam? cheaper that silicone.melt sticks in silicone cupcake cups in microwave?these are all the tips I have read.any other tips or tutorials anyone know of?Thanks so much!
Ok I think I will just go for it I don't have the molds but will purchase them since I can see myself using them more and more. What other neat things can u make with isomalt?Thanks so much!
I have an order and they want a jewelry type theme so I was wondering if it is hard to make the jewelry in the molds with isomalt? Or if anyone has any tips or tricks or websites on how to do this?thanks Kiley
Hi I was just wondering if there is any way to make a food grade mold with supplies bought at walmart? I am limited on stores in my area. Or where the best place to buy stuff to make molds is? I have an order for a lego cake with short notice. If I don't get the mold supplies on time I will make them by hand, but would like to start making my own molds also. Any tips or advice on this would be great!ThanksKiley
Hi, I just thought I would share that that you can use a 40% off coupon online with 2 dollar shipping so I just purchased the dessert tower it will look great on the dessert table this christmas, will also look great with some christmas ribbon on the edges!Hurry offer ends at midnighthttps://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/4-tier-stacked-dessert-tower-266650/