Posts by StarBerry

A comb! Thank you so much for your fast answer! I usually cover all my cakes with fondant so this is a bit out of my comfort zone. I know you're right about the plastic wrap smashing the ridges anyway but I think I might try to find a comb and make the effort... just because it's for a fancy restaurant and I would love for them to hire me for a future cake! :)    Do I need to take this out of the cooler and let it warm up or will I be able to work with it cold? Just...
Any ideas on how to fix this cake? I'm not sure what happened, I did not make this cake. The Bride & Groom want to save the top tier, and an old boss called and asked me to help.    I've done BC pleats with piping but this does not look piped to me... should I just scrape away the extra BC to get the scalloped effect? The good thing is I can use the BC from the bottom tier to fix the top.   Any help/ advice/ tips/ suggestions would be GREATLY...
A friend wants a 3-layer cake with a whipped cream filling, will this work? I know I've heard of people using whipped cream but I'm worried it will deflate and be a huge mess! Can whipped cream support multiple cake layers? Should I add a little gelatin to help make it more stable? Should I use cool whip? HELP!!
Thanks so much! I think I managed to get the picture online-
Yes, that's pretty close. Is this as simple as it looks? Ice like usual then spread more with a spatula?
I'm really interested in the answer to this question as well. Also- is it better to freeze?
Apparently I didn't attach the picture? I'll try to figure it out now.....
I know this may seem backwards to a lot of you....but I have never done an all buttercream cake. I always cover with fondant. I'm so far out of my comfort zone here and could really use some words of wisdom! Here is the picture the bride emailed me. I will only be doing 3 tiers. I have no idea which type of buttercream to use to achieve this texture. It will be vanilla cake & BC, with a raspberry filling.This will be the tallest cake I have ever done so I'm pretty...
This is amazing, thanks! So Helpful!!
I am curious what people's experience had been with cricut cake... i ordered one and am still waiting for delivery. Is there a difference between the regular red cricut cake and the "martha stewart" one??