Posts by Sweet_Toof

where can i get lace moulds to mimic the cake on the left?
hi guysjust planning my wedding cake id like to cascade lace down the cake and (see picture) these were what i was looking at doinghas anyone seen any stencils that would give similar results to these cakes? thankssweet_toof
well I thought I could buy one - until I saw the price and figured for 150 wrappers that I need, maybe it wouldn't pay me to do that. Its just that I'm really struggling to find the right colour and shape and thought I could make them if I knew more about cricut. p.s. I went into the craft room but I am unable to fine the cupcake cartridge.
thanks so much... where can I look at the shape of it, or where can I check the measurements at its assembled size? Really I just want a simple solid wrapper with scalloped edging - not lacework or other fancy cutouts because the towel inside could possibly show through a bit messy.
Hi guysI am trying to work out exactly how the Cricut machine even works. I don't have sound knowledge as I've never seen one in action. I need cupcake wrappers for my own wedding, but im actually going to be rolling up face towels and putting them in the wrappers, so the size of the wrapper is very important, since I can't just put a little less or a little more batter in my cups to suit the size of the wrapper! I've purchased a pack of these wrappers which suit my...
thanks ladies, I ended up taking all the gel off and doing it all with buttercream. It looked fine I could have tried the gel again but its very hot here and it needed to stand another 24 hrs at least before the party so I knew I was safe with buttercream and didn't want to take my chances! I'm lucky this happened late and night and I still had to the morning to see what happened over night and fix it before the guy came to pick it up! Its a lesson or reminder never to do...
I've now got the blue piping gel to stay on down the bottom as water But I'm wondering , do you think it will look funny to have red buttercream and blue gel?
sorry guys, when I say RED GEL I meant red PIPING GEL ... so ive boiled corn starch, sugar, water and lemon juice until it was thick, coloured it,... ok now ive just mucked up my cake... I did the gel last night and so it was rather firm today. because I was doing to lava effect on the cake, I decided I'd soften the gel in the microwave. I then put that on my fondant covered cake.... AND.... it was too hot and heavy and didn't stick and it slid down the cake!!!!! SO...
Hi guysvery urgent answer as i need to buy the stuff in the next couple of hours will red gel show on black or dark brown fondant (pettinice) hard icing? i was wondering if maybe its too transparent, maybe the black will show through and kill the colour??? thanks guys....
kind of... except a bit neater, and ALL in hard icing not buttercream. Its actually for a baptism so I'm not sure if the aim is to make it a bit more gentle (i'd have to ask client), but obviously I need to find a way to keep it neater.