Posts by melhoneybee

SENT! Will be interesting to see what happens now! lol
That was my thought too! It is bizarre that they would have just tossed the whole thing! I was feeling too that they needed to show me the cake to get a refund. It does state on my website that in order to get a partial or full refund that the cake must be returned to me (I just never have had to deal with anything like this yet!). I think it really makes common sense! You can't go into a store (or even a restaurant) and say something was unsatisfactory and want your money...
it is in writing, it is an email. I have it saved in my box.
Oh, that is the other thing, I have very short hair and I NEVER touch it or brush it or anything like that...and really, it is just the kind of hair that doesn't fall out unless I am scrubbing it in the shower or something...
WOW! You guys who said that the price was a lot must have to work so hard for so little! The charge itself was not $130, it ended up being something like $93 ($3.88 per serving!) and then, it was the stand plus tax and the large 'tip' the husband gave me made it end up at around $130, so it wasn't the cake that cost that much, really though looking back, I think I actually undercharged on this one because there were a lot of details and hand painting, etc. The customer was...
How's this for a reply??Oh gosh! That is terrible! Well it is a good thing I have red hair and, so we both know the hair on the cake could not have been mine! WHEW!! I am the only one who ever comes in contact with my cakes too, so it couldnÂ’t have been from anyone else on my end either. Perhaps it was your husbandÂ’s? I did notice that he had brown hair, if I am not mistaken. So sad you felt you had to toss the cake! What a bummer, and a lot of work too to go to waste. ...
ok. that sounds good! We shall see what comes! lol Thanks again, and thanks for your sweet comments about my cake too! It was really fun to make, good childhood memories too! I loved that book!
thank you so much for your words of wisdom and your encouragement. So what would YOU do then?? Just not even email back? Or...hmmm..
I do have a pic. let me see...here it is. I ended up charging her something like $100 with tax. Delivery was free because she was in my area and then I charged her $15 to buy my stand and then her husband gave me the extra $12. So the total they put out then was something like $130. But like I said, she only wanted to pay 1/2 upfront and even to get that was like pulling teeth, I had to remind her that she needed to pay to book with me. It took her all week to pay that!!...
Right. That is what I was thinking, but I want to handle this gently too...hmmm...what about doing the whole "customer is always right" and just refunding her for the actual cake?? not the decor or all my gumpaste work, or anything, maybe just the actual cake because she said it was inedible?? I would give her then $24 back....but I don't know,I konw I didn't do anything wrong...sigh.