Posts by Caralinc

Hi Cake Friends!I am looking to attend my first vendor event in a couple weeks. I am thinking of handing out some mini cupcakes for tasting and cupcakes for sale. Thinking having boxes for 1/2 dozen for sale. My question is what should I expect in terms of how many mini cupcake samples should I bring and how many cupcakes should I bring for sale? Also, would NOT having a credit card machine hinder sales? If so would PayPal on my laptop work for this? I am an online...
I am looking for help with writing up Cake Donations for school, church, sporting events and charity events. Does anyone have an example of the wording I should use?Thanks so much in advance for your help!Carrie
A morning is a celebration of life!! A sheet cake with beautiful fondant flowers will look lovely!! The standard message, In Loving Memory .... It will be beautiful. I know what you mean though it sounds weird to make a cake for this occassion but I guess some people like the idea.
I know what you mean. I have dial up also and doesn't always work well. I also have the same Wilton book you are talking about. When I made the tulips I just modified a little with the ruffling, I also placed the petals in an egg carton to hold together. They came out okay. Next time I make them I will make better use of color and shine them up a bit. I have a pic in my file - Basket of Flowers I think I called it. However, I have had luck with Globalsugarart.com,...
I use piping gel then cover in fondant. I have also found this easy to use and simple to clean when changing designs.
There is a thread on there that will direct you to tons of places to learn how to make sugar flowers. I do not know how to link the thread but here is the name of it.EDNA is great - there are also a lot of others on UTube that have great techniques.Name of thread is; Tons of FREE FLOWER TUTORIALS! Check It Out!!
Hi there,Sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish you all the best. I am not sure if your question has been answered - haven't read all of the posts but I do have some ideas that may help.I usually make all my figurines half Fondant half GP - they hold stronger and dry quicker. * I also would suggest making figurines at least a week in advance to allow enough time to dry. -Don't beat yourself up - use this at a learning experience and go from there.Mario on top...
Keep in mind that even after you have your license you will be selling at a lower cost as your cupcakes will be selling for resale. I had the same experience not to long ago. A local retailer wanted my cakes; however, he wanted to buy them for nearly nothing. For me it wasn't worth it. I would have to travel quite a bit to deliver my cakes. The revenue wouldn't even cover for all of the expenses to make the cake or travel.... I understand this is normal for resale...
I use Edible Lustre Spray, Pearl. PME Arts and Crafts sells it. I also can get it at my local cake supply store. It works fabulous on both fondant/gp and BC. (they have several differant colors also. Pearl will be best for the effect you are looking for.HTH,Carrie
Thank you Lorraine25 for the Post. Greatly appreciate it and it is very helpful.Thank you also RetiredNavyChef - for the reminder on this, I thought of it then forgot about that I may need to purchase table stuff. Very helpful!!