Posts by misroxy73

Yes, I would say definately a scam. My husband got hit with one of these worded almost the same regarding his auto repair business.... I would steer clear. about 10 years ago, we got hit for $2500. (not knowing it was a scam) and had federal postal authorities to deal with! Not fun.
you could use shaped jello jigglers for the gross stuff, I do all the time!! Piping gel is great but it stains so much, I use "thicker" jello & jigglers. you can alter the reciper for color, taste, transparency... Just a thought.Misty
Hello all, I am a hobby baker who has taken the steps, and spent the $$$ to start the opening process. I WANT to open a retail establishment, with a party facility for kids parties/ showers ect (renting out for supplimental income when not in use) I am currently attending University of Phoenix for my bachelors in Business--( i have acess to up-to-date demographic info and such). I have already gotten my EIN, Duns # and formed and LLC. (thank you Legal zoom!), I am getting...
Hello all,I was hoping someone could help me out fast... Client/friend waited until the DAY before her wedding to bring the cake dumies and stuff for me to "help" her. No problem but, I have never covered a cake dummy before. what is the best to use under fondant, to get ssmooth SQUARE cakes??? any other tips for covering square..ex-- edges-- never can get them right... scrambling for help...PLEASE!!!Mist
is the wand verticle or laying flat? maybe if you try to thin fondant, cut in strips and let to dry. they may stand up long enough for your needs..send me any pics you get, I am actually making An abby cake for my daughter next month, and have her 3-D framework figured out, but still working on the little details.. let me know how yours goes.
thanks.
Hello,I'm making a cake for my daughter, it will be about 18 inches tall when done.... I have watched a ton of shows and read alot. But I would like to get any tips or suggestions anyone has for making a frame for a seated body. I was going to use a strait tube for vertical support with a a 4 way T for arm and head extention. I was going to use loaf sized cakes for the legs and feet since she will be seated. PVC or Copper?? I will cover it with with choclate to protect...
I have done a few cars, most thing is to make sure you use a FIRM cake. soft ones wont hold up well. and give yourself plenty of time. I used a template of the car i used, and carved around it. there should be a pic of my hubby's camaro cake on my page. It helps to have the model of the car hand to look at for size comparison and curves. PM me if you need anything else. Misty
I am making a 3-D Abby Cadabby cake of good size @least 12 inches. I need to use something that will support fondant strips for her hair ( they will be in a ponytail, which makes them look like they will be standing up and out every which way.) Also, I need something that it can bend or is flexible yet sturdy enough with out being too heavy for use of her arms and legs, which will likely be RKT. the cake will be covered in fondant and air brushed. Cake or foam head?? I...
Its not that they have a website or not...... the walk-in places dont want you there... it used to be that people would show you around, not be stingy with info... i guess you could say. I'm looking for a mentor of sorts. I have applied for jobs, and even offered volenteer services to some places.. so the bank can see i have "time in the environment" before they will give me my loan (as they require~ which with out they will not give to me). i guess society isnt like when...