Posts by ChocolateCraftKits

Chocolate Craft Kits http://www.chocolatecraftkits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72
Hi !   I have been making and selling modeling chocolate since 1991 TO MAKE MODELING CHOCOLATE SHINY: after you roll out the modeling chocolate warm it to bring out the oils.  The oil or cocoa butter is what will make it shine - you can use the bottom of your palm and make a circular motion to "rub" the chocolate sheet before cutting or shaping.  If you are making figures, begin with a simple shape that is warm on the outside as well.   Modeling chocolate can...
warm it just a little in the microwave at half power, a few seconds at a time.  When it is pliable work in a little corn syrup or water, just a little at a time until it is the consistency you want. Where did you purchase the modeling chocolate?  
HiThe dark glaze is a type of ganache coating used by professionals when more stability is needed. It is used the same way that ganache is used, to coat pastries.
Hi thereIt's Peggy from Chocolate Craft Studio. In my experience, the issue would be moisture. Most recipes for ganache are very sensitive to moisture - are you refrigerating the cake? Do you live in a humid area? Will the cake go through temperature changes? This would cause decorations to slide and slip off the sides as the ganache will move, possibly separate.There is a recipe we use in competition for ganache that has gelatin in it to improve the stability and...
Shamelessly promoting my website- you can buy precolored modeling chocolate at chocolatecraftkits.com; Charm City Cakes is one of my customers (they purchase the white in bulk quantities and color it as they use it).RegardsPeggy Alterpeggy@chocolatecraftkits.com
I use only real couverture chocolate (all cocoa butter, no other fats) in my modeling chocolate. This requires more care, because you are creating an emulsion with ingredients that are more difficult to blend together than when you use hydrogenated fats with extra emulsifiers, like candy melts. Temperature is important - all products should be around body temp when blended together. The chocolate and syrups should feel "like nothing" - not hot, not cold. If there is...
I'm not sure how complicated you want to get, but the benefit of modeling chocolate can be that it doesn't get completely hard, so it is easy to manipulate and also to cut thru later for the sides of a cake. You can roll it out really thin, which also makes for an edible layer. Here is a very simple version of a cake decorated with flat cut outs.The modeling chocolate will get firm, but stay pliable and gets soft again when exposed to heat and or...
on my site I have pictures of cakes covered with modeling chocolatehttp://www.chocolatecraftkits.com/modelingkit.phpPersonally, I like modeling chocolate because it all stays pliable.
Microwave is fine as long as you do it for SECONDS at a time, or low power. Really, just a couple seconds and check it, then a few more if needed. If it gets too soft, reworking on a cold surface is also good - if you don't have marble or granite you can just put a platter or large plate (ceramic) in the fridge and work the modeling chocolate on that.