Posts by isabow2

I know it's been a while since you've posted this info. But after buying The Mat (which I love btw) my 18in aluminum rolling pin seems to be causing more work than necessary when rolling out fondant. What size do you use the 18in or the 15in? Would you still recommend that pin? Lemme know :) 
Nancy,Thanks for the response! I don't have that pan, but if this time doesn't work out. I might be at Hobby Lobby buying it!
I'm going to give the stainless steel bowl another try, this time w/a little less batter. When I cleaned up the mess from my last attempt I noticed a nice crusted layer of cake on the bottom of my flower nail so I'm not sure it was touching the bottom of the bowl at all. This could have caused the inside to be still raw. I'm going to give the stainless steel bowl 1 more try at 325 & if it doesn't work I'm going to have to go w/2 10' rounds & carve. Wish me luck!
Ok a co-worker found a cake pic off Pintrest that she wanted me to do for another co-workers baby shower (which is tomorrow). I watched a few YouTube videos, looked at pics & read the forums & thought I was all set. Right up until it came to the baking. I started last night. I purchased a 7qt. stainless steel mixing bowl for the "belly" & am using the Wilton ball pans for the boobs. Ball pan cakes turned out great. The "belly" however, is another story. My first try the...
@Sandy84,Yes it can! It's all I use under my fondant & for my BC cakes. =]
I just keep the leftover icing in my pantry (which is at room templ). I don't refrigerate it, freeze it or anything. I keep it & use it until it's all gone or I've reached the expiration date. I've never had any problems w/storing it. Hope this helps! =]
Thanks for the help! I have read over the instructions MULTIPLE times & am a little nervous to say the least, hence the reason for my question. Is the fudge outline a must, or can I just use the colored buttercream?<3 the hemorrhoid comment btw!! Hehe!
Thanks for the help! I have read over the instructions MULTIPLE times & am a little nervous to say the least, hence the reason for my question. Is the fudge outline a must, or can I just use the colored buttercream?<3 the hemorrhoid comment btw!! Hehe!