Posts by cserwa

HI CC world!  I am looking to upgrade mixers from my 5 quart kitchenaid, but I need help!  I have gone back and forth over this all week as I debate the 6 quart 600 professional KitchenAid or their 7 quart proline.  600 is on sale at khols for 450 and after 20% off and 60 dollars KHOLS bucks, it's only going to cost about 340, AND I'd get the free pasta roller attachment.  I'm a hobby baker, but I bake A LOT.   Or I can get the 7 quart from amazon or Williams Sonoma,...
Great!! Thx for insight!! I know what to buy! I think I will get a good stainless steel ball tool tho!
I'm going to Joannes to buy a gumpaste/fondant/molding set.  I was getting the 10 piece standard one, but then I saw that they have a brand new 8 piece stainless steel set.  By comparing what tools come in each set, it lists the tools differently, but I don't know if they're the same tools under different names to get everyone to buy BOTH sets and I am JUST now trying fondant flowers, so I am not familiar enough with the tools to know the difference.  Thoughts? ...
Who are your favorite cake people or sources to follow on pinterest?
Yay!  Post pics and any info that I should update!!!  If you found anything that didn't make sense/etc., let me know!
Holy cow.  I just realized my long reply I posted never actually went through.  I have no idea.  But thank you both SO very much!!!  Your responses were a huge help to me!  I saved 40% off coupons and got the essentials, and I can't wait to try some flowers this weekend or next.  From someone who knows NOTHING about the flowers, these were both SUCH helpful answers.  THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH for taking the time to post links, comment, etc.  I realllllllllly appreciate...
Am I dense?  I know I must be missing something, but I'm trying to find THE BEST yellow cake recipe because I've tried all the favorites - Davids, Sylvia's, etc. etc. etc. and haven't found MY winning recipe for my family.  It always tastes too eggy or too flour-y.  I bake from scratch all the time and have great recipes for other types, but I'm struggling with this.  I went to the recipes section, but I don't see any ratings, so I'm relying on MOST VIEWED to see which...
Anyone else have additional suggestions?
Thank you so much for taking time to reply! Great detailed response and tips about where to start for easier flowers. I really appreciate your time! They just sell the kits and it looks like you really only need a few items in it based on what you're saying.
Hi all!  Love everything CAKE, but I work three jobs and rarely get to practice my hobby.  I want to try to make some gum paste flowers, but I'm confused because it seems like there are like 50 starter sets.  Can anyone advise?  Ateco has this that looks like Wilton starter kit.  Preference?  Do both have what you would call the essential starter tools?  I like Ateco better but don't want to miss out on any essential starter items.  I know I'll need one to...