Posts by Ladyfish74

I'm with Icer...when I've got a 4 or 5 tier cake(or 7 tier like I just did a few weeks ago), I don't want to be totally exhausted by the time I roll out all of that fondant. Weight is the key thing and the plastic rollers and pvc pipe don't have it. I use the pvc to lift the fondant onto the tier, but it's just not heavy enough for rolling...at least not for me. I know others who like it fine. Just my 2 cents.
I use the Caketrick fondant roller as does Marsha Winbeckler when she travels to teach...otherwise they use a sheeter. She sells it on her site. It's the heaviest roller I've found and doesn't leave tracks. It's a little pricey but I wouldn't let go of it if for all the plastic ones made. I paid more for my Agbay and don't use it as much as I use my roller. Marsha's video on fondant features it. http://youtu.be/nBvhkSBMSyc
Well Glory BE !!
I agree. There is no reason for dead silence on this. At least let us know something...why have contests at all if the participants are treated as if nobody cares? It is true that CC is a great cake community and there are others that we can go to if we feel that we are being ignored, but that goes both ways. If enough people feel that way, there won't be any CC. I for one check in less and less because of this kind of thing. Please just tell us what's going on...short...
Yes, maybe they had a six way tie or something weird like that and they're trying to figure out how to handle it....IdK..
This really doesn't give a good impression to people. It discourages us from wanting to enter the contests. It also takes all of the excitement out of the win when you have to keep checking and checking. Instead of "yay I won!!" it's more like "well it's about time".
i know that this is an old post but in case anyone is still watching...I've got a fondant roller that I just love. My fondant comes out perfect even with very large tiers. You can get it here http://www.winbeckler.com/CakeTrick-Fondant-Roller-Rolling-Pin-13p13716.htm
Nope...we're all still waiting!
Yes, I'd like to know that too. It would be helpful if we had some kind of time frame to go by for these contests...like 5 days after contest end or a week after contest end...whatever is convenient and doable by those counting the votes.
When ganache' is whipped too much the cream becomes butter, that's why it gets crumbly. Ganache really likes to set up at room temperature which is why it should be done the day before you use it. Put plastic on it touching the surface and press out any air bubbles. Don't be impatient and don't get nervous. It won't sour, the sugar stabilizes it. You really don't need to whip it but if you want to, don't whip it for more than 30 to 45 seconds with a whisk attachment. Hope...