Posts by kimmisue2009

Thank you bluehue for your response. I did not use coverture chocolate. I decided (see any problems there?) that it was not necessary. That was before I had learned to pull from the knowledge and experience on this site. I did not know if that could make that much of a difference, but I am kinda glad to hear that it can, and will try again. So many people say buttercream is too sweet. To them, I say "it's icing. duh." (in my head) But, when I've used ganache, I have...
I probably did just use the wrong kind of ganache. It's the one and only time I have used it to ice; from that point on, I just filled with it or used it without fondant because I love the taste - rich, but not so sweet. But, like I said, that is just one person's one time experience. Just thought I could maybe save someone the agony of feeling like they ruined someone's event, ya know?
If you want proof of at least one time where it needed to be refrigerated, go into my pics and look at my baby feet cake. When I first did it, I was so terribly excited because the ganache was so super-glassy smooth and it made the fondant look fantastic (at least by my beginnner standards). However, as it sat (which was only overnight) it was like the ganache just relaxed or something. I do live in DEEP East Texas where the humidity has a personality, so that might...
and with a little further digging......Created by pastry chef and 1996 Minerva graduate Tony Wright of New York City, the cake is featured in the magazine's America's "50 Most Beautiful Cakes." It was on this site...http://www.tnl-news.com/news/article/3528432
I found it on this link......http://www.tnl-news.com/images/tnl_media/20080305/photos/TNL3408nlwrightpage.jpg
ooooh - definitely do it - and post a pic quick because i am fascinated with the sugar tiles!
I have found that a fondant cake does just fine left out - but covered. I have never had a problem that way, but depending on the humidity in your area, it can sweat and cause probs after it's refrigerated. The fondant makes a wonderful seal that keeps the cake fresh and moist.
These people are obviously from "that other side" of the family. I would just pray for them and hope that the loss of their eyesight and taste did not cause them undue hardship in their weird little lives.
I used this template when I copycatted Boween's adorable baby feet cake.....
I have used puddings in all my cakes since I first heard about doing it somewhere on this website. It makes a wonderful dense cake - and it is foolproof, because I am totally not a cook, but what my cakes lack in design, they have at least made up for in taste! I just pour the dry pudding mix into the batter. You do have to add a bit more liquid or the batter gets too thick for the mixer. I either add milk or (!) heavy whipping cream. And yes, the pudding gives the...