Posts by CakeDiosa

That cake is gorgeous! And not just because of the diamonds. I love the shapes and how clean it is with the hand painted scroll. So, it's a million dollars worth of jewelry on what could stand alone as an exquisite wedding cake. I'm not into diamonds so the cake does it for me with or without 'em but it's good to see some excellent "cake press" and even better that the cake underneath the diamonds can stand alone. My applause to that decorator! Thanks for the link -...
Don't freak out. It's just a bunch of cakes that you are stacking on top of each other. Don't psyche yourself out. You CAN do it. Not sure what you are asking about with the 14" tier but when I bake mine in my home oven I use a Wilton heating core in the center and supplement that with four upturned flower nails spaced around it and I use baking strips. This helps it bake much quicker and no sunken middle. Search the threads or PM Indydeb. She posted great pics on...
OMG! THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!!! This is the very thing I've been struggling with. Yes, the wedding slice is a healthy amount of cake and I even have and provide Indydeb's photo of the slice to show people. Yet, when I price my party cakes I go by the party chart but my cakes, like everyone else's run anywhere from 4 1/2" - 5" (torted). The parties I have been to where my cake is served and - especially where I end up cutting it - there is usually an enormous amount...
I doubt that a blow dryer would have the same effect since it's the moisture that causes the shine and you probably risk melting the buttercream or ganache underneath your fondant. You can also paint with a brush and water. It will be sticky at first but will then dry to a shine. See my "Bratz" cake. The black ribbon and cake board were both painted with water. Gives a great shine. I'd post the pic here but I don't know how. You can always test various methods on a...
Or vodka and q tip followed by crisco. If the area is difficult you can spritz the whole thing with vodka and that'll get rid of it.
Here ya go: URL:   http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1217736.htmlcake done by miny. she will also give you a link to the step by step instructions. I'd give it to you but I can't find it now....good luck!
Best tutorial EVER on 3D car/truck/boat - uh, actually, you can just about apply the technique to anything - is on a DVD by Mike Mc Carey. It is VERY reasonably priced. His website is http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com.It shipped fast and simplifies and demystifies the whole process. You can see my green 3D car and the speed boat cakes in my gallery. Both used his technique even though only a car is made in the tutorial. It's money WEELLL spent! I'll be making a Ford...
Yea...what patty said.No need to refrig as long as your fillings aren't perishable. I never use perishable fillings and therefore don't refrigerate. In the past, refrigeration has given me nothing but problems with condensation and bubbles in my fondant so I don't do it. Probably no need to for you. I think the recommendation to refrig may be to have the choc set faster? Do what the other post said in regard to sugarshack's instructions and you'll be fine.
So......I'm in the throws of working on a seven tiered wedding cake that is 250 servings....been up since yesterday....(cake at night + kids during the day) and OF COURSE have made a bone headed mistake!!! (taking the order in the first place, you say? Yes, I concur!). Too much for me. This will be the first and last of such a huge order. Now I know my limit...but, I digress....I used chocolate dobash filling (think sticky chocolaty pudding if you aren't familiar...
WOOOWWW!!! What are the odds????SCORE one for the home team!!!!Congrats on your BRAND NEW $35.00 KA!!!! That's so awesome....Enjoy!