Posts by CakeDiosa

Do yourself a favor and don't worry about templates, stencils or transferring the design. Paint on brown splotches and then come back with black on the edges.Here is one of my leopard pattern cakes:   http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1423157.htmlThe bigger the print the faster you'll go. If you google pics of the actual animal print you'll see how random it is and that it is really made up of three to four larger blobs of black surrounding the brown. The black...
That cake you posted is unbelievably amazing. It's just amazing!! Flawless. It's easy to fall in love with!good luck!
Contact Sarsi here on cc. See her gallery. She has a great tutorial on books.The bottom cover is just thin strips cut and place around the "pages". The top and side binding is measured and cut then applied over your iced cake. Allow 1/4" - 1/2" on all edges to allow for covering the thickness of your "pages" that go on after the top cover. Sarsi can provide instruction if this quick snippet isn't enough.good luck.
aine2 (here on CC) has a tutorial on painting a plaid kilt on her blog http://extra-icing.blogspot.com/search/label/HOWTO.You may have to be a member (free) to access it. Or you can PM her through CC and inquire.hth.
Freeze it just enough to firm up first application of icing. Apply wax paper over the chilled icing to protect from over spread from second/top application of icing. Chill again. Pull off wax paper. Clean line. hth!
Also, remember it's because you JUST got them and it sounds like they are your biggest pans to date. I remember starting and using an 8" pan. Then I bought my 10" and they looked MASSIVE! Then I got the 12" and it looked GIGANTIC. I now have 16" and 14". Lets not talk about how huge they seemed upon acquiring each. After baking a few times and using them their size becomes less intimidating. Now, I have to think about it to tell the 10" from the 12" and the 14"...
Now, here's one of those things that never bothered me until I read this post. I have sent instructions. Gone above and beyond. Taking pictures and typing up a step by step tutorial basically. I've had some grateful recipients with wordy expressions of gratitude and one was a "got it. thanks." huh????? I just spent a good hour + on that for you - not to mention how much time I just saved you in trying to figure it out like I did! Guess it's like the pricing lesson....
You should reference the serving guides posted in the galleries. I don't know if your pan sizes are round or square but the servings for rounds are listed as follows:14" = 82 servings16" = 10010" = 4212" = 568" = 286" = 10All of your sizes fall in between those. I think you will be making far more cake than is needed (or paid for). You can scale it down quite a bit.
Yes, you need to place dowels underneath each tier or the weight will cause them to sink, cause bulging and ruin your cake. Use a cake pan and a level to make sure you cut all of your dowels the same length.Have fun! It's a great looking cake!
The wilton gp isn't so bad. I much prefer it to Satin Ice but I make my own using Nicholas Lodge's recipe. Wilton's is actually a variation of Nicholas Lodge's recipe. They consulted him but had to change up the recipe for shelf life. You can add in some egg white. Knead it in then roll your gumpaste into a tight ball in between the palms of your cupped hands. Roll it fast and hard like you are trying to start a fire and smushing it at the same time. With the added...