Posts by CakeDiosa

Um. Well.I think if you are eating cake then it's a slice of a lot of technically "not so good for you" things. But, so long as it isn't one's main dietary dish then ENJOY! Crisco removed trans fat which made it horrible for and now ruins buttercream (from what I hear and was told by my cake supply store owner - I switched to Sweetex long ago and will never go back).Annnddd..... if people want a dietitian then they should find one that makes cakes. If they want a...
Wow! Thank you ALL for your input! I was just sitting here wondering why I hadn't received a response to this post - I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED... weird! So, I just read all this and will go and read the blogs mentioned but it sounds like maybe I'll do the cake one.Hmmmm....off to read the blogs and comparisons!Again, thank you all! Such a HUGE help!!!
GI: that gift bag was fondant and I just added Wilton no taste red until I got the color I wanted. Sorry, no extra special tips there.
If you want them that flat then you have to use a pasta roller. If you don't have one then google a Michael's coupon then go and get one from Michael's. I think they are $24 without a coupon. Or if you have a kitchen aid you can get one from Bed Bath and Beyond for $59. Roll to at least #5. Go thinner if you can handle it but then the darker color may show through (the blue under the white stars). What I did for my last flag was place the blue square on a square of...
So. I'm ready to get my Cricut but my question is this (or these):Knowing that Cricut will be releasing the Cricut Cake ($400) do those of you who already own and use a Cricut see any reason to buy the cake specific one? Might there be features better for gumpaste than the presently used machines? Or do you think the "cake" is just painted on to be able to charge more for it. I don't own nor have I used a Cricut machine but can't see how/why there would be much...
I just read all of the pages of this post and not only do I commend you on the GREAT save but also on your graciousness in responding to the "hoax" allegations. You not only showed great character in saving her cake but in defending your good name here as well. Big thumbs up to those who came back announcing their indulgence of some humble pie and extending their apologies. Love this place!
EXACTLY. And maybe it's my ego (or that pesky ambition thing) but as MUCH as I am grateful for any and all help I've gotten I truly do derive my own, greatest, personal satisfaction when I've figured it out myself. I have several AMAZING 3D CCer cakes saved to my favorites but I didn't bother the designers with questions. I looked and like another post said, I studied shapes, played with pans... figured it out. While I ALWAYS give unbridled credit in my comments and...
Well, Deb, there you go again. I was leaning forward, elbows on my desk, face pressed close to the screen, reading your thread and shaking my body and the whole desk as I quietly shouted - as loud as I could in a whisper - YES! YES! YES!I only started a year ago. Peak at my gallery. I've come far. From trying and fearlessly doing. Emphasis on TRYING! Lots of wasted cake. Lots of failures. Lots of guidance - NOT hand holding (minus a Louis Vuitton logo issue, CCer...
Someone else recently started a thread on this topic and I had commented that it never bothered me until I read that post. Then in that same thread, another CCer commented that she/he EXPECTED to be helped by CCers since "that is what we are all here for" and basically shamed anyone who at all felt bothered by not being complimented properly. That whole thread and that comment (granted, it was the exception though there were a couple others like it) are all it took to...
Try baking at 325. I read this once on here and have done it with all of my cakes since and have nothing but great results.hth