Posts by CakeDiosa

Thanks everyone!!I watch it just for the cakes too!!And as much as it IS awesome to see MY cake on that show I already know I, personally, won't be credited for it (totally fine!). The credit will go to the bakery (she contracts projects out to me) so it's REALLY all of the appreciation, understanding and support of my fellow CCers who can totally relate to the life of "caker" that makes it all so amazing!!!Timer just went off on the over.... gotta dash!
Thank you all soooo much for the support!!!! I AM super excited! Of course, watch it be like a one second shot of the cake! hahahahaaa!!!! So goes show biz....Here is the link to their episode on WeTv:http://www.wetv.com/platinum-weddings/episodes/kristel-and-jason
Okay, so I didn't mention it in the comments of the pic when I posted it but my green Lamborghini Groom's cake was for Jason David (formerly with the Detroit Lions) from his bride Kristel and it will be featured on Platinum Weddings airing on May 9th on WeTV (set your TIVO'S!!!). Fantasy Frostings is the South Pasadena (Cali) bakery contracted for the wedding cake and dessert table and I made the groom's cake for her. NO detail was spared since I knew it would have a...
I'd go with the gray buttercream and either airbrush it silver or super pearl over the gray. I think it'd take a whole lot of luster dust to mixed it into the BC to get that color and it's more luster dust than I, personally, would like to see anyone actually consume.
I'd do a small plaque on the side of the ship so it looks like it's part of the ship that reads: "Stardate: 5-05-05" or on the cake board maybe.....
egg white is an option. a little goes a long way so don't get your pieces too wet.
Your cake is entirely edible - EXCEPT for the cake boards. You don't expect to have to tell them to NOT eat those. So, you can answer "yes, it is edible" and advise about the wires. I always tell them it's "made from sugar" rather than "edible" and explain that while made from edible materials it isn't really palatable or intended to be eaten but it IS hand made from sugar. If there are wires I do advise them of that. Don't get too literal about the "all edible" and...
Michael's or probably any hobby shop sells clear plastic rulers that have a zero in the middle then go out on either side up to six inches I think it is. This should help you evenly space and place your diagonal stripes. hth!
a piece of black faux velvet taped to the wall and draped over the stove. Turn on overhead light and all of the lights in the kitchen. Take your pic! Done.See my gallery for examples. Some cakes are too big to fit so I just drape the fabric over some cabinets but underneath a light and take the pic (see Mad Hatter cake and Leaning Tower of Pisa).Can also use white fabric or any color non shiny fabric that you feel best compliments the cake. Or shiny if you want.There...
Here's a BIG HIGH FIVE to SpecialityCakesByKelli!!!!Sprinkle a bit of trans fat on mine!