Posts by CakeDiosa

What is gum glue? I've only used piping gel or egg white. The gel actually does dry though it can take awhile and in more humid or HOT environments will melt but once a piece is adhered to it's fondant backing it's not going to slip anywhere. Experiment with it. I actually find that for adhering purposes Wilton's piping gel is better than the smoother cake decorating store gel. Wilton's is thicker and holds better. There's my two cents!!
[quote="CWR41" It couldn't have been that bad, or she wouldn't have taken it with her when the two of you agreed that she simply would not pay the remaining balance to make up for the two figures that were not included. She's changing her mind now, only after whatever she did to it once it left your possession, or else she would have walked away from it in the first place and never accepted the cake! You have a verbal agreement."I totally agree with CWR41. Her...
I would do one long strip. Either roll it up like a cinnamon roll and unroll it as you go or just lay loosely around the cake and pick it up and put it on as you go. I just don't see how you could get the corners to look right if they are all cut. And if you don't have a level you can use the foam core technique described. I've done that except I used card stock instead of foam core.
what worked for my more smaller cuts was to set the pressure so that it DID NOT score all the way through the fondant to the mat. I basically cut the shape for me to go back with an exacto knife to cut out the shape. If I turned the fondant over I could see the outline of the shape but the blade didn't cut all the way through. I will admit that I was pretty frustrated having to go back with an exacto knife since I had paid so much for a machine that was supposed to be...
It's just trial and error. You have to find the right consistency, pressure and speed for the material you are using. CuttingEdgeCakeArt dot com will email you a gumpaste recipe that is supposed to work great with Cricut. I haven't tried it yet. I just did fondant with Tylose rolled super thin and let it sit out for a couple of hours. It cut well at first but when I had to warm and reknead the scraps to use again it was too soft so I would have had to wait again. I'm...
I wouldn't be bothered by it. It's true, after all, and like someone else said it's a truth that is merely factual and doesn't imply anything negative. And, like you, all of my clients know to book out as early as possible. In fact, I think that it makes what I offer even more desirable since it can get pretty exclusive as to who can actually get an order placed with me. I tell everyone their deposit reserves their date. I don't reserve a date based on discussions...
confections of housewife (I've always LOVED your username by the way!!) I airbrushed him. I bought mine brand new in the box off of craigslist for $30. It's a Paashe' and I LOVE it. I then bought the air compressor from Michaels using a 50% off coupon. I had it for months and was afraid to use it. Then I just slowly started using it here and there and now I LOVE it. It adds so much dimension and life to cakes. To get the speckling I used a new toothbrush dipped in...
Free hand. His body was two 12" ovals. Arms were 6" rounds cut in half and legs were 6" ovals cut in half. Tail was from a mini bundt pan and the head was RKT that I just made the right size for the scale. Referenced some other cake pics (Mike Mc Carey's dragon cake specifically) for musculature, shading and texture ideas. Used my fingers and ball tool to create the indentations for the musculature. Diamond cutter (cut shapes in half) for the spiney things. Free...
You can do either. I've left mine on the counter in between baking and have used it cold out of the fridge. It does seem to rise less when cold, however.
If you order today she'll ship tomorrow and you'll have it in time. Especially if you email her and let her know you need it asap. She is on cc too under her name I think: Jennifer Dontz.Good luck!!!