Posts by pursuing_perfection

I just came across this thread and all I can say is WOW!I am sorry you did not have a more positive posting experience. I ususally find CC'ers to be positive and encouraging.Hopefully you have figured out a way to price your cakes. The person who suggested you compare to local bakeries gave some good advice. However, I find "serving sizes" can vary greatly. For example, the Wilton serving size guide is way too stingy in my experience. I have found what seems to be...
I have frozen quite a few fondant covered cakes without a problem. As stated in the thread above, there are 2 key things to keep in mind. 1. It seems to work better if you "thaw" the cake in the fridge for up to 24 hours. 2. Do not touch the cake or have anything on it (like plastic wrap) while the condensation forms. Once the cake looks "dry" it should be ready to go. (I have never used a fan, but that does sound like a way to speed the process.I have also frozen...
Indydebi, that makes perfect sense. In my experience I have found purple to be one of the worst colors for fading, followed closely by red and pink. I don't use red that often, so it probably does fade faster than purple. To the OP - I have combatted this problem the same as already mentioned...keep it out of the light as much as possible!Have fun with your cake...and don't be scared to use purple. Just plan to keep the purple covered until you need to "unveil" it.
I like the Wilton Juniper green myself. However, I would add a touch of brown to the "avocado" mix if you don't want it to go to waste. If it needs a hint of yellow as well, you would probably have to add a fair bit of color to be noticed.Let us know how you achieve your perfect olive color!
Thanks! I never thought of cake dummies. And I could easily put a dowel through for stability, too. Unfortunately it is too late for this cake, but I am sure it will come in handy on another one.
Sounds simple. Definitely worth a try. Just make sure no one tries to eat them!
If you are "flooding" a sugar cookie, I would suggest a Wilton #4 Round. If you are doing detail work, then use a Wilton #2 Round. Hope that helps. I have done some sugar cookies, including several hundred for wedding favors, but unfortunately I don't have pictures. You could always pick a sugar cookie you like from the galleries and PM the creator for advice.
If you use fondant, I would mix it half-and-half with gumpaste to speed drying time and add stability.
Hi Ursula:Sorry you are having problems with your magazine subscription. You can still look at the cover on this site. I know you want to see more than the cover...but right now, the cover picture is what I am interested in.
Me again. There is an awesome pumpkin in the galleries that may give you some inspiration: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1748423&done=2