Posts by pursuing_perfection

Hi. It's me - the OP.After all your input, I finally decided on the Cuisinart - better warranty, not as many bad reviews as KA. I had purchased the 7l Cuisinart from Costco online and was so excited when I pulled it out of the box (nice big bowl, splatter guard)...however it was defective (no power when you plugged it in), so I had to return it...and now they are out of stock I got it for $299...so there is no way I am paying $599 to buy the exact same one at Home...
Your spooky tree trunk turned out well. I was thinking more of scraggly, whispy branches, but this was definitely easier to pull off and you only need one for effect. Good call.
I noticed that Tigachu recommended the Breville. I have never seen a Breville standmixer, but will search online. What kind of warranty came with it? Has anyone else used a Breville?
I had wondered why I wasn't getting any responses on this post...only to discover there are 24 already! (Must be a problem with my email). CC'ers come through again . Lots to think about. I didn't realize that KA was no longer made by Hobart, and that the newer models are not as good. I will have to check a few more stores, too, now that I have heard where some of you have shopped. Decisions, decisions. It does sound like it may be worth it to pay more and get...
I have wanted a Stand Mixer for years. I just came across decent prices on 2 different makes and models and I am having difficulty deciding which one to go for. If anyone owns a Cuisinart 7.7L (7-qt.) Stand Mixer or a Kitchen Aid Pro HD 5.2L (5.5 qt.) Stand Mixer I would love to hear what you like (or don't like) about it. I know Kitchen Aid has been around for a long time...but the Cusinart Model has a larger bowl, a 1000W motor and a 5 year warranty I know bigger is...
I have already commented in this post, but I do want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the "Over-cakers Anonymous" posts!
Hi Jeliz. I have posted here before. THEN, I looked at your cakes. I would have to agree that you have what it takes to decorate cakes (rhyme unintentional ). I recently took a cake class. We were all taught the same skills, but when you looked at the finished products, it was glaringly obvious who had talent and who didn't. You've got it girl! Obviously, there is still lots for all of us to learn as we hone our skills and experiment with new techniques.I had posted...
Since Jeliz is the OP, I think we should all let her end this thread on a positive note. Good for you Jeliz.
I always have more cake than needed. It sure beats running out of cake When it is a family function, my family expects there will be leftovers I can also go overboard when it comes to complexity of design. Why do an easy cake when you can stay up all night sweating over a new idea that isn't working as planned?!! Speaking of overboard ...this is the first time I have gone overboard on emoticons , but it was fun
I know CC has moderators...but it sounds like we need a MEDIATOR. Perhaps both sides (newbies and pros) need to get some fresh air, take a deep breath, and quite being so easily offended. This really isn't worth getting your blood pressure up! (I have seen good and bad posts by pros and by newbies.)Thank you to the pros for lending your advice. Thank you to the newbies for accepting my advice, and giving your own creative suggestions. We are all still learning...if...