Posts by Mel2085

I am looking for a recipe that is good for children. I don't care if it is from scratch or a mix, I want something that is "good" for children. My daughters first birthday is coming up and I want to make her cake, I know I am making cupcakes for the kids, but for the adults we are going to have a margarita lime cake with lime frosting! I know you can sub applesauce in with a cakemix but I was wondering if there was some good Vegan or something like that.TIA!!
My BIL love carmel Apples, and I want to make carmel apple cupcakes for Thanksgiving....I have found a great recipe for the cupcake, and I am going to use my white chocolate frosting on top, but I want a carmel filling and I can't seem to find anything that will work, any ideas?? TIA!!Melissa
I have a cuisinart 7 quart stand mixer, it is AMAZING!!!! I had a KA stand mixer and thought it was good, but this is GREAT! I can put 8 pounds of powerder sugar in it to make frosting (I am still amazed at how many people want american buttercream vs IMBC) It is also great when you are mixing up cakes! I did simple cupcakes for my husbands work and I used 5 cake mixes and it had no problem!But what I think is the best part is it has a timer on it so you can litteraly turn...
My mom is throwing a baby shower for me, and our theme is Lady Bug's (pink and brown) I am not doing the cake.....I want to but that isn't a possiblity. So I am wanting to come up with a cute saying to put on the cake...but I can't think of anything!! The only thing I can come up with is "Mommy and her Bug" but I don't really like that. I am sure I am just thinking about this too hard, so can you help?!? The shower is April 1st...I am not due until June but my sister in...
yes I have done stacked cakes....I've even done a three teir topsy Turvy, I just don't post pictures on here anymore because I have been told I "stole" someones idea. Which I didn't....I was doing what a customer wanted and added things that I thought of. I didn't even look on here for ideas because she knew exactly what she wanted. So instead of getting rude messages from people that feel that I have "stole their work and can't use my own imagination" I just am no longer...
K8memphis - I made the cakes on thurs night. So they weren't fresh. And I don't think it was the support system because i know my husband is anal.....and he uses a sewing gage and makes sure the are all level....and the part that came apart first was the outside corner of the bottom layer (no cake on top of that section) and from there it just went crashing down.....I seriosuly can't figure it out!!
okay well I thought there was only 3 dowels in it...but my husband told me he doweled it (because i was feeling the effects of morning sickness at 4:30 pm!!!) and he told me he didn't listen to me but put dowels in each corner to hold the top layer and one down the middle. so it wasn't a dowel issue. It had to be the cake. He also said when he was picking it up off the floor he said it was just falling apart. He told me it tasted good....i guess he felt the pieces that...
There were 3....I have done this cake before and I've never had this problem.
it crumbled....it started on the outside corner and just kept falling...which took the top later and all decorations. I had all the ingredients because I have just enough eggs to do the recipe and i measured out the oil....I had it dowels in it....i had 3 in a diagonal the middle one all the way through the two layers and then the other two were just in the bottom layer.
Okay so I was to deliver a cake tonight at 5:30...which means I had to leave the house at 5.....I made a 2 tier 12 in square and 8 in square....all decorated Zebra stripped on the bottom top layer with circles. A gum paste car, phone, music notes and a bit "16" on top.....and as I am picking it up to walk out the door....the bottom cakes literally crumbled!! I don't know why! I made the cakes on Thurs. night (like I do all the time) I have been moving them around all...