Posts by stresseddesserts

You can use 1/2 pint jars for smaller (1cup) and I like the 1 pint jars better. I usually put about 2 cupcakes in those.. As for pound cake, I'm not sure what your doing, but the sugar & butter need to be creamed well, then adding eggs a little at a time, mixing well after each..
How can I have a heart fondant/gumpaste cut out to stand up? Out lined heart, not the solid. 4x6" hearts. Any ideas please... For a cake topper.
I'm having the same problem with my Vulcan, did you find ways to to fix the problem?
That happened to me! I made 3 batches non came out, then used 4th batch with some of my tips plus measuring the ingredients with a scale! It worked!
Okay I've been experimenting for a while now. Here are some of my tips!*Aged egg whites* I put the egg whites in a container uncovered for a few hours in the fridge, then cover them up and leave it for a few days(this will give you a big foot)*Almond flour must be air dried (dont store in containers or sealed bags). *In the day of making Mac's use aged egg whites and 1 fresh egg white (still from shell)*Use powdered color*Do not overmix *Pipe macs on a silpat or any other...
Thx so much! I've tried the chocolate ganache, I'll try adding corn syrup to see if it stays soft. I'll def try the condensed milk instead of heavy cream. I also want to give the chocolate Imbc a try.If I find something better I'll post it!
I'm looking for a rich chocolate frosting for cupcakes. Something that Shines soft and will pipe well.
I'm looking for a Not too sweet chocolate frosting/buttercream that will go with yellow cake! I tried a few recipes and one tasted like powder sugar the other I used milk chocolate and it tasted weird.
Lemon or chocolate cake or raspberry chambord cake
Macarons with almond flour not coconut macaroons--- I've tried some from Trader Joes (freezer isle) the vanilla ones were by far the best... I can't imagine tasting Lauderee Macs (famous for French Macarons)It looks like this is going to be the next big thing. You can also google paulettes Macarons (so pretty) Now I want to try making these myself. Anyone have a recipe or ideas, tips to share?