Posts by TheCakeDude

I haven't tried it yet, but I read somewhere that if you spread a thin layer of piping gel over it completely, laying on parchment paper, say, and then place on the cake. It gives it a shiny appearance, so you may or may not want to do it. Hope that helps!
The first time i put a cake with fondant accents in the fridge, the next morning they were all droopy! I havent put a fondant cake in the fridge since, and have never had problems. The fondant seals the cake in and keeps it fresh for several days, to my understanding...
Ive seen a site before where they shipped them out....It said they take it to the airport and check it in like luggage! Im sure its very expensive, so I would think unless the cakes are ridiculously amazing, not many would want to pay that much for shipping...
Maybe drop a flower nail or two in the bottom for a makeshift heating element....
I would probably stack a few squares and maybe a round or two and then carve away. Maybe RKT for the top of the tower? Is is gonna be wrapped in fondant?
You might be better off just baking rounds, stacking, and carving them. That way you know it will be baked properly. You would have to cut it up to fill it anyways, right? Thats how I usually to barbie cakes, anyways...
I usually give the cake a good press to get all that air out, before crumb coat, and never have bulging issues...And of course the customer always wants the thinnest filling (like Bavarian Creme or Raspberry) on the sculpted cakes! Sheesh!
Who says guys cant decorate cakes?
I saw that on cakewrecks.com a while back...If you havent seen that site, it is hilarious!!
Here's some pics I took at the demo today!