Posts by TheCakeDude

Here's the pic, had to resize it!
Anyone have any tips to get rid of or prevent fondant wrinkles? I attached a pic of my latest cake that had em (if it doesnt attach right, its the Xbox 360 cake in my photos). I wrapped it the night before and it looked perfect, but after sitting overnight, this was the result! Ideas?
Sounds like youve dodged a bullet for your first topsy turvy! My first one I had to re-do the top 2 tiers because I cut the angle too sharply and the weight of the fondant made them crumple over. Since then I havent had any problems with them, I just dowel the hell out of em. I usually run a full length dowel in the middle and top tiers. Also, and ive tried it both ways, I like to just stack at an angle instead of cutting a ledge. It seems to make the cake look more zany,...
Sounds like youve dodged a bullet for your first topsy turvy! My first one I had to re-do the top 2 tiers because I cut the angle too sharply and the weight of the fondant made them crumple over. Since then I havent had any problems with them, I just dowel the hell out of em. I usually run a full length dowel in the middle and top tiers. Also, and ive tried it both ways, I like to just stack at an angle instead of cutting a ledge. It seems to make the cake look more zany,...
At my bakery we charge $1.50/ea or $15 per dozen. We're in a pretty small town, so you may even get more in a bigger city. Hope that helps!
I found the same thing out a few weeks ago when doing a cupcake tower. I ended up putting the cake on a Wilton cake plate (the kind used for columns with feet on the bottom) and that gave it the lift it needed! Hope that helps!
Wow, I really AM jealous! At my bakery a busy weekend would be 5 wedding cakes and a dozen or so birthday cakes... But then again, I am the only decorator there, so that keeps me pretty busy! Not to mention Ive only done cakes for 6 months...Am I on the right track?