Posts by georgiapuddinpie

HiOkay, so a lady called me today and wants me to decorate teapot sugar cookies for a shower. I told her I have never done this before, but she insists (you would have to know her). Anyway, we agreed that she would make the cookies and I would decorate. She doesn't want the hard royal icing on top, says it messes up lipstick (again you would have to know her). She specifically suggested just using confectioners sugar mix with water. My question is will this work and...
What dollar stores carry this that you know of? Also, is it in Michael's ? If so, what section?Thanks everyone for all of the helpful suggestions! I love this site and the people on it (so nice and helpful).
Hi,Just wondering if any of you more experienced cakers have any tips on where I can get inexpensive cake boards? Sometimes it doesnt seem like the Wilton cardboard ones I use are strong enough, so I have been getting plywood ones from lowes. Also, maybe I can use the cardboard ones if I cover them correctly? Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated. TIAAmber
I am sorry for hijacking too. I have a cake due Saturday and it needs letters. I have done some on wires before, but the wires weem to just hollow out a large hole in the bottom of the letter or star or ball and they just turn and twist in directions I dont want them to go. Where would I go about getting tylose? Is gum tex the same thing? Thanks in advance.
I am sorry for hijacking too. I have a cake due Saturday and it needs letters. I have done some on wires before, but the wires weem to just hollow out a large hole in the bottom of the letter or star or ball and they just turn and twist in directions I dont want them to go. Where would I go about getting tylose? Is gum tex the same thing? Thanks in advance.
oh yeah, forgot to say the box says 575 watts and 14 cup flour capacity?, 6 quart bowl with handle
I got it in Jacksonville, Florida. Orange Park Mall to be exact. They had two more left on the table where I got mine. The regular size was on sale too, but was 299.00 and not Professional series and smaller. Hope this helps
I am so excited! My DH bought me a new KitchenAid stand mixer - the Professional 600!! It's so big, I'm sure I can fit 3 or 4 batches in. I am so excited to use it. Looking for a reason now. Main reason for this post though, is to let ya'll know that we got it from Dillard's on sale for $199.00. It was less than the smaller ones sitting next to it and came with a mail in certificate for a free icecream maker attachment (just in time for summer). Just thought I would...
Thinking of doing my first purse cake for my MIL birthday. I have two left over 10" rounds in the freezer already, so wanted to try and use them. Thinking I may just do the shape with the rounds halved and on their side. Here is my question - How do you get them to stand up and can you fill them like that? or will they slide down? TIA
A friend of mine uses a surgical mask to keep her fingers and other things out of her mouth. May help you to think about it if you have to move the mask. Just a thought.