Posts by georgiapuddinpie

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions This thing kept me up all night so I got up early this morning and am re-icing as we speak. I will be much more careful when I stack it this time and I am gonna try to keep it cold all day even while decorating. Hopefully it will transport well tonight, since we are having a cold spell here in Georgia. The wedding starts at 4 tomorrow. When do you think I should take it out of the fridge (so it is not cold) when we eat it,...
I used the Wedding Crusting Creamcheese Icing recipe in the recipe section here. Basically 2 blocks creamcheese, 1 1/3 cup of shortening, 3.5 pound confectioners sugar, with some flavorings, 3 tbsp meringue powder. The cake had sat for awhile. I had smoothed it and it looked fairly good...then started to stack it and had some dings. So tried to smooth and that is when all Hades broke loose with the wrinkling and sagging. Thinking of starting over. I was going to...
I have a wedding cake due tomorrow that I used Crusting Creamcheese icing. The icing looks saggy and wrinkly and I cannot fix it. The more I try the worse it gets. I have used high density foam roller, viva, and a combo of the two. I am at my wits end. I don't usually use this type of icing, but the Bride requested creamcheese. Someone please help me. I am supposed to serve the cake too. TIA
Okay, thanks for the quick reply Mike!
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted in SMBC or IMBC?
I used about 6 different colors and made the design on each teapot different. They were regular size cookies? I guess. Then she made extra 50 and had me do them as favors at last minute. Made them all the same teal w/white top and handle and Monogram initials. How much for all of it?
Need to bother ya'll with one more thing in this thread. How much should I charge for 50 decorated cookies? Mind you, she made them, I just decorated. TIA
lol! Would love to see the look on her face if I told her that. Very type A personality.
Thank ya'll so much for the help! It is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your replies! I was wondering, do you use Toba's the same way you use royal to decorate the cookie? Basically I was planning to use the tutorial on here to try to do them.