Posts by favrtdtr

I've seen quite a few of these and they are so cute. I have a dumb question - where do I find kitkat type candy for the outside that are tall enough? All I find are the short ones.
Oh man has it been one thing after another!! Long story short - birthday party got moved to this weekend so am just starting cake tonight. I took one of your ideas and kinda went in a diff direction - couldn't find ribbon so got some material. It's only gonna be one tier so we'll see how it all comes out. I will post pics early next week
WONDERFUL!! and thanks so much for sharing :)
I know it's 8 years later but that cake is still amazing!!
I know I'm in the minority, but I like the gimmicky ones - I voted for Tokens of my Confections
How do you secure a cake to the stand?
Aww, I'm so sorry :( I hate it when that happens. Thanks, I hope they do too - if I don't kill the older one first. I'm beginning to suspect why the other person backed out with being ignored about how many people and what flavors and what time etc...at least i am being ignored right now
OK IowaBaker - you ROCK!!!  I may do a quick mini-cake tonight just to see if I can do a stump lol. Now I am off to search for Mossy Oak ribbon and seedless raspberry jam or filling....thank you so very much for your help! I'm kind of overwhelmed right now because I'm in the middle of moving 53 miles between new place and storage units from old place, am also petsitting my mom's 6 ferrets, and designing and planning my youngest step-son's birthday cake and party for next...