Posts by Evoir

This brand stocks the higher wall ones.     http://www.confeta.com.au/bakingcups.htm
In millimetres if you have that...
What size are the competitions across the base?
In Australia, we measure them across the base first, then the height.   So, standard cupcakes are 50mm across the base, but you can get ones a smidge bigger at 55mm.   And you can also buy slightly deeper ones too.   So, I would advise measuring across the base, and then the height, and look online for a cupcake liner supplier who also lists these figures. They might also have an identifying stock number. Here we have number like 500, 700, 440 and so on, and...
I have to ask why the producers of this show thought that this "study", this - expose - on cakes that people prefer, actually revealed anything about anything?   What a crock of shyte.   What's the point of comparing $12 in ingredients only (including eggs! whoopdeefrickendoo!), to $2200 in labour, equipment, licences, premises, rent and other costs of running an approved food business, plus ingredients and ARTISTIC ABILITY?? When the cakes shown are at a ratio...
Yes, please pm me too!
I have made many. I don't offer them anymore. They are not worth the stress factor to me, and I have professional health  issues with them being left out for hours before being consumed - which is NOT what is intended in the French tradition.   If you are making one for a paying customer, make sure you are licenced to prepare and use perishable fillings, such as the crème patissiere required for the filling of each choux bun.   Aside from the buns (which should...
So you are looking at 12 characters there. How many guests are being required to be fed with the cake?   Assuming the letters are at least 14" tall, you should get about 20-30 dessert portions from each letter/symbol. So 240-360 portions of cake. That is a hella lotta cake.   What is their cake budget?   I could do it, but I would not take any other jobs for the two weeks before the cake is due. My method would include using dowels glued or threaded rods...
Not in my icings or butter creams. Just my popcorn! Thank you for clarifying, though. I can always use my mortar and pestle to make a powdered salt if need be for my buttercream.
I store mine in cardboard bakery boxes. That is, for the duration of time between finishing making them and giving to the client who ordered them.