Posts by Roxybc

I've got to make a giant cupcake for a wedding this Thursday, and the couple have requested a vanilla cake with dark purple fondant covered bottom and ivory buttercream top. I've only tried making the giant cupcake once before, but with a strawberry recipe I didn't like. Anyways, just wondering if I could get your thoughts on using a WASC cake (which I've never made before either) or just using a regular boxed vanilla cake mix. If I use the WASC recipe I'll probably use...
Does anyone know if this recipe works well for cupcakes?
Looks interesting, but it would be such a pain to guarentee your going to get all of those pieces back after you've delivered the cake and it's been cut up & eaten at the venue. It looks like you'd have to leave the whole thing there, and I would hate to pay a ton of money for it and then not get all of it back at the end of the night and be unable to use it again. You'd have to charge a deposit for that, but the end result with a topsy turvey cake could be pretty cool.
I'd like to make some MMF pearls and paint them with tylo glue and then roll them in edible glitter. I know MMF doesn't do too well with moisture, so I'd like to know if I paint them with tylo glue will they go all mushy? I'm just trying to find the best way to make the glitter stick.
I've got to make a giant cupcake wedding cake for this coming Thursday - wedding is Friday. I'll be covering the base in MMF, and the top with buttercream. I don't want the buttercream to get really crusty and dry out, but I can't cover the whole thing to keep the buttercream moist because then the fondant will go mushy. What's the best way to keep the cake until I deliver it? Also, I'm trying to figure out the best way to delivery it. I've got a round cake board to...
I'm looking for a butter based frosting that doesn't involve any coffee creamers, or anything that's not in regular buttercream. The receipe needs to have normal stuff like icing sugar, milk, whipping cream etc - you know just the stuff in regular buttercream. I live in the UK and we don't have access to any puddings, coffee creamers, fancy choc chips etc.
I've got an order for some cupcakes tomorrow, and I'd like to use a mocha or white chocolate frosting on them. Can anyone suggest a really good recipe that's suitable for piping please? The cake base will be chocolate.Thanks!
I haven't made angel food cake in years, but I've got a major craving for it. Do you think it would work in cupcake form though? I'm not sure, because I remember you have to cool it upside down so the cake stays light and fluffy. Also, I've only ever eatedn it with whipped cream, so what kind of frosting would go with them? It would have to be something really light.
Ok, so I was going to make a batch of both Cake Man Raven's and Paula Deen's Red Velvet cupcakes, but once I printed them out and compared the ingreedients they are EXACTLY THE SAME!!! Hmm, someone's stolen someone's recipe!Paula Deen's ingreedients:2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups sugar1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon cocoa powder1 1/2 cups vegetable oil1 cup buttermilk, room temperature2 large eggs, room temperature2 tablespoons red food coloring1...
Ok, so I was going to make a batch of both Cake Man Raven's and Paula Deen's Red Velvet cupcakes, but once I printed them out and compared the ingreedients they are EXACTLY THE SAME!!! Hmm, someone's stolen someone's recipe!Paula Deen's ingreedients:2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups sugar1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon cocoa powder1 1/2 cups vegetable oil1 cup buttermilk, room temperature2 large eggs, room temperature2 tablespoons red food coloring1...