Posts by Roxybc

I've made 2 tone swirls before by lining half my piping bag with one color, and half with the other color, but when I do my swirls, they always seem to come out with one color on the left half of the cupcake and the other color on the right. Does that make sense? The icing is coming out 2 tone, but they way it's falling on the cupcake is each color directly on top of eachother, so the cupcake looks half and half. What I'd really like to achieve and what I've seen before...
How long does the SMBC take to make? Does it take a long time to cool after it's cooked? How do you add color to it? Do you have to color it while your making it, or can you make a big batch of white, and add the colors later?
Oh, so you have to refridgerate it? So I couldn't leave them out of the fridge for a day or so after their iced?
I see a lot of people on here that have the really big beautiful swirls on their cupcakes use Swiss Meringue Buttercream, but what does it taste like? Is it really hard to make? How does it hold up on cupcakes over time (ie: after a day, or in a closed container)? Also, do I need a candy thermometer to make it? I've heard it uses cooked egg whites.Thanks!
So last night I pureed a whole can of peaches, squeezed out most of the moisture from them and used them in place of apple sauce in a cupcake recipe that I tweaked a little bit. The pureeded canned peaches (in light syrup) didn't have very much flavor, so although the cupcakes turned out alright (a little denser than my regular cupcakes) they didn't have very much peach flavor to them. I think I will try adding some peach extract, maybe some peach yogurt and sliced...
Well I'm creaming my butter about 3-4 mins until it gets light and fluffy, and I'm not confusing oily with moist - everyone who tries my cupcakes says they are the most moist and delicious cupcakes they've ever had. I'm getting tons of orders, but would like to come up with a few new flavors, but I need to ensure they are moist like the ones I currently make.
Everytime I've made a cupcake that calls for butter as the main "fat" they turn out denser than I'd like and aren't nearly as moist as the recipes I've used that are oil based. When I make oil based cupcakes they stay moist for days just like ones from a boxed mix, but ones made with butter don't. Does anyone have any tips on keeping butter based cupcakes light, fluffy and moist? Would the butter based recipes still turn out if I substituted half, or all of the butter...
I've got some left over cinnamon cream cheese icing and I'd love to pair it up with a peach cupcake, but I don't have a recipe. Does anyone have a fabulous & moist peach cupcake recipe they can share with me? I'm thinking if I had to come up with something from scratch I'm wondering if one of the following options might work.a) Replace the milk in my scratch vanilla cupcake recipe with peach juice (which I'm not sure if I can find in the UK, so I might opt for the juice...
I don't have one, so I'll use the icing tip.
I've got a large icing tip (larger than the Wilton 1M) and I don't have a heat core, so was wondering if the large tip would work in place of a heat core. Any thoughts?