Posts by Roxybc

I'm constantly told (like every day) that I should quit my job and open up my own cupcake store. I love to bake, but so far just do it as a hobby and, also sell to friends and co-workers on the side. I'd love to have my own shop one day, but know nothing about running my own business. I'm also a little worried & doubtful that a cupcake shop is a lasting business proposition here in the UK considering that the market here is so saturated (when the recession hit, it seems...
I'm making a lemon cake and I'd like to include a lemon cream cheese filling in between the layers. Can anyone recomend one that doesn't need to be refridgerated? I'm covering the cake in fondant, so it can't go in the fridge. I've got some lemon curd and also some lemon tarte filling if that helps at all...
ooh, I'm glad I came accross this post. I've been looking for a pinapple coconut cake for ages.
Oh! Thanks very much for letting me know that!
Thanks! I'll use the large ones. One other thing - do you know if this "fluff" will brown under the broiler like regular marshmallow do?
Would marshmallow fluff work for lava? What if you used the strawberry fluff that's already pink and add some more red coloring to it. Then heat it up a bit before pouring it where you need it. I have a feeling that would flow like magma.
I have it, but haven't tried any recipes from it yet. I've heard the same thing you have though - recipes not turning out becuase of inacurate ingredient amounts.
I'm going to be making smores bars, but one of the recipes I'm considering calls for marshmallow fluff - I'm assuming because it's easier to spread and cut. I wanted to use real marshmallows but I was wondering if there was a way that I cam turn marshmallows into marshmallow fluff.m Does anyone know if this is possible?
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I didn't have a whole lot of time to do anything to it, and I didn't want to ruin it, so I ended up using the ganache as a filling for the cupcake and making a new batch of buttercream and using that instead. Thanks for the reply though.
I've made white chocolate ganache using a different white chocolate than I normally do. It didn't thicken up as much as it has before, and now that I've whipped it, there is no way it can be piped. I need to leave the house in an hour and I'm not sure what to do. Should I add some stiff buttercream to it? How can I make it pipeable???