Posts by Roxybc

I've run out of flower paste, which is what I usually use to make my cupcake decorations because I need them to dry rock hard. All I was able to get at my local store is a product called Regalice Sugarpaste, which I think is basically like ready made fondant. It's used to cover cakes here in the UK, and I'm pretty sure their sugar paste is the same thing as fondant. I need mine to dry rock hard, (or close to) so I've heard that I can add some tylo powder to it and it...
I made w batch of white chocolate ganache, and it turned out really well but now I'd like to use the left overs as a cupcake filling, but I need it to be softer. Right now it's a little too thick - is there anything I can add to it to make it a bit lighter and fluffier? Butter? Cream? Oh, and just to let you know it's already whipped.
Yes, that was Sugarbloom's site. I also had it bookmarked, but she's made the blog private. She has her own business, and I have a feeling she probably makes a lot of money off those Tall Cupcakes, so made the blog private. The photos in link that was posted on the first page have actually been STOLLEN from Sugarbloom's blog, and do not belong to the person who's using them on her blog now. That's probvably another reason why she made her blog private. I've made these...
Thanks for the replies ladies! I just sell from home at the moment, and just do it on the side. I don't do a lot of orders, just mainly to co-workers for their children's birthdays etc. Cupcakes are fairly new in the UK, so a lot of people won't have even seen them before. They're used to much smaller cupcakes without much icing on them, so I didn't want to over price them. Since I sell to co-workers, I also find it a bit hard to mark up my prices, especially since a...
I've just made a batch of 18 for a friend's daughters birthday and charged £2 ($3.20 US). After making them yesterday, I think I'm undercharging for these because although they look simple, 18 of the minnie mouse's take a long time to make!I've got another order for 18 of these in a month from someone else (she doesn't know the other person who I've just made them for, so can't chat about price etc.) This time I've quoted £2.30 ($3.68 ) for them. Keep in mind that the...
I've never heard of paramount crystals, but I'm 99% sure we won't have them in the UK. I did add a tiny bit of vegetable oil to the melts which seemed to thin it out a bit, but then the coating cracked once it had been on my cake balls for more than a 1 min. Perhaps they were too frozen...cakeythings1961: Thanks for the link!
I'm trying to make cake pops for the first time, and am trying to figure out how on earth people get the coating so smooth. My Wilton Candy Melts seem so thick when they're melted, and even when I tap them they're still really thick. What does everyone else do? Is there a trick to these?
I just got some Williams Sonoma cookie cutters (the kind with the plungers) they're actually the message in a cookie cutters. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has tried the sugar cookie recipe tha comes in the box of cutters. I need a good recipe to use with them, one that doesn't realy rise or spread.Thanks!
I'l be visiting Bellevue WA next month, and would love stop by a local cak supply shop to pick up some sprinkles, chocolate moulds, and anything else cake related. Can someone recommend a store near the Bellevue Square area, or South Center, and maybe even Seattle?Thanks!
Bump.Anyone???