Posts by ShonaRaven

Sure will! I'm going to buy the 3lb container today, to test it out, and if all goes well... 50#. *fingers crossed* I REALLLLY hope it works out, b/c it sure would save a LOT of $$$ on ordering online & shipping. Geeez! The things we do for quality!!
Oh and sorry about all the RATIONs when I meant to type ratio. LOL I don't know why, but every time I type that word, my fingers automatically want to add the "n" on the end. Don't know why!! LOL
Hi! I live in Texas also, and I found it at a cake supply store in Houston, TX called Amazing Cake Supplies. They have a site, it's the full name, then dot com (can't type the address here b/c they always block those). Check 'em out. I'm going in the a.m. to pick this up. Couldn't pass up the price!
Good Morning, Ladies! I found a local cake supply store that actually sells hi-ration shortening, but it is Penguin brand? It's a good price - $59.99 for 50#, but I've never heard of Penguin brand before. Has anyone else? If so, have you used it, and how did it compare to Sweetex, Alpine, CK, etc.? Please let me know your opinions, if any. I plan on going to buy this on Monday a.m. b/c I have some Halloween cupcakes that are needed by Thursday, and I am completely out...
Thank you SO much, durell87!! That was VERY helpful!
So after all of my blabbing (LOL) any ideas on what to charge (estimate) for these types of cupcake bouquets? Thank you SO much for your help!!Shona
@ angelwings1- Thank you!! I have them supported with a 6" styrofoam floral ball, BUT, I recently discovered the "souffle cup technique" here on CC, which will be FAR cheaper to do, being that the styro ball is $4.27. I'm learning a LOT online, especially HERE, since I've started doing this. I did my very first cake for our daughter's 1st bday this past weekend. Her birthday was actually the whole reason for starting all of this... b/c I just really didn't want to pay...
@ -Sweetheart- Thank you! I'm using the M1 tip to do them.@ durell87- Thank you SO much!! I've been really surprised that I have had such ease starting off on this new venture. I must say, it's quite enjoyable!! These are regular sized cupcakes. I was thinking maybe my figures were a little low, b/c I was trying to think, "what would I expect to pay if I were ordering these at a bakery, online, etc?" I think I could get more than what I'm asking (& I haven't...
Hi! I'm very new to the decorating world, and have just begun to learn my way around the kitchen. I've always wanted to give it a try bc I've always LOVED drawing & anything to do with art. My problem is... inexperience. I only just started decorating a little over 2wks ago, and I find myself flooded with people asking how much and wanting to order, etc. My problem is PRICING. I read somewhere that you should calculate your cost & multiply by 2.5 or 3 to get your...