Posts by cakedoll

I didn't hear back yesterday...I guess he was in court in the afternoon...so I called back this morning and talked to his assistant. She said to call her back before 5 p.m. today (he's going to be in and out all day again) and she would have a referral for me. So that's all I have for right now...dang it!!I've been handing out non-baking letters with stamped envelopes to anyone I think would send them in. I'm also trying to get in touch with an acquaintance in the area...
Oh, don't worry. I'm walking around with the phone on my hip....lol
I called my attorney this morning and am waiting for a call back. He thinks the idea is very feasible but it is not his area of expertise and is going to refer me to one that can at least point us directly where we need to go. Hopefully, I hear back today and can call and get an appointment for a consultation quickly.
I have a pretty warped sense of humor and even I would be offended by a birthing cake. Plus I would turn down making one. I saw the one on cake wrecks when it was first posted and really thought it was kind of gross. I love the idea of the UPS delivery truck with the baby peeking out of a box. You could even make the stork the UPS guy with a pair of shorts and a cap. As far as the belly cakes go, I have seen some really well done ones; just not my cup o' tea.
I'm down for it. I'll start checking into things from this neck of the woods. I have no idea how to go about this, but you have to start somewhere, right?
I'm down for trying. All the state can do is pooh-pooh us. With the dire financial straits this state is in right now, I would think they would happily take all the tax revenue they could get their hands on.
I do too and I'm not even legal...lol. Here's a different case scenario which happened to me this last weekend. Made a cake for a lady: friend of a friend. She bought the ingredients. All is fine and good. She's happy as a clam and asked me to ride with her to her house as she can't lift heavy items. No problem. On the way, she says she wants to pay for the cake. I said no...end of story; I won't discuss it. I write down instructions on where the dowels are etc. we...
I'm in the same boat you are. I got back into cakes last October (here in Florida) after a 15 year hiatus and have had to relearn a lot of stuff. Started out just for family and friends, as practice, and I was doing it as gifts and such. Now it's turning into friends of friends and I do charge for ingredients. I give them a list of items (brand names included), and they either pick the stuff up or I do. I am looking for kitchen rental space and I have turned down...
OK...forced myself to log off last night, still laughing, and (finally) baked my cheesecake. I signed on this a.m. and had 26 topic reply notifications for this thread. Of course I had to check it out and am laughing again. Humor is a GOOD thing. The thread may have gone off-topic but it was sure good therapy!!
The least you could do is loosen up the duct tape. Poor kitties....