Posts by cupadeecakes

As I was reading your post my first thought was "She need to go up on her prices". When I start to get burnt out, or just after a period of bring severely overwhelmed, I take a break and scale back a little. If your taking 6 orders a week, drop back to 2. Or even black out an entire month. Just tell people you can't take any more orders that month when they call.Unfortunately work will always get in the way of fun. I have owned my own shop now for 7 years and I have...
Where will the final placement of the wings be? Will there be cake underneath to support it will will it have to stand on it's own? Either way, I would probably make it from gumpaste.If you don't already have a better image get one that you can reduce / enlarge to make a template. This is a good one:If you don't have an image program that you can work with (Powerpoint is great for 8.5x11 images or smaller) then I would recommend PosterRazor. It lets you select your...
If you can get it where you are, try getting some Fondarific or Fondx (or Fondx Elite). I love the workability and they taste pretty good too!
Wow, this seems like a great deal - I need to consider ordering one as a backup to mine.
When I first started my business, I had no money for advertising. I found my best form of "advertising" was when the local newspaper would publish the restaurant report cards with each business's health inspection report. I would always get a ton of calls the day or so after with people wanting to know more about my business.Other than that, I would hit the streets once or twice a week and take small cupcake samplers around to businesses or other people that I wanted to...
I'll start by saying I'm not sure I understand the question, but I think you want to know how to raise the car above the main cake board to allow the wheels to hit the car in the proper spot.If that's the case, then the car will sit on a small cake board, with wheel wells cut out. I will then attach that board to a small cake board (or foam core that will attach to the base cake board. I cover this riser board in black or white fondant, which ever color hides itself the...
I don't use the stuff they sell at Michaels, I usually use "Nu Silver Luster Dust". Googling i will reveal many sellers of the stuff. It comes in a small plastic container. If I am painting a solid color, I will dip my brush into a small container of alcohol (I use PGA), and then dip the moist brush into the silver container. you just want to pick up a little bit of the silver dust. Then paint it on!
I would use gumpaste or modeling chocolate to make the horse shoes. You can use silver luster dust mixed with vodka or lemon extract and paint the horse shoes with a small brush. The alcohol will evaporate and leave the silver behind. HTH!
It's been years since I even looked twice at a Wilton character pan, so I don't remember the wording exactly, but somewhere in the fine print on the pan it indicates that it is for home use only and not for commercial sale.
That's a great tip! I almost always pop my fondant and modeling chocolate in the microwave for a few seconds. It makes it much easier on my poor aching muscles.Last night I was going to attach some fondant lettering I had made earlier in the day and it too had firmed up to much. I got the hair dryer out and heated it on low for a few seconds to make it pliable again. That worked great too.