Posts by cupadeecakes

I always put a generous layer of buttercream under my fondant. It helps smooth everything out, and if your customers don't like the taste of fondant, they can peel it right off and still have icing to eat. I refrigerate fondant cakes occasionally and the condenstation will dry on its own given enough time to acclimate. If I am very wooried about refrigerating fondant (dark colors like red or blue) then I will "bag" the cake before putting it in the cooler. Just take a...
If I am ever worried about bleeding or need to put an edibel image on a cake very early I will always place the image on a thin piece of fondant/gumpaste/modeling chocolate.
SCAL also offers a free trisl version. I definitely like the idea of a petals cartridge though!
Can you attach picture or send a link?
Just finished watching and I really enjoyed it, but I wished you could have set it up so we could see your smiling face.
I have a helmet in my photos. I made snakes/ropes from fondant/gulper mix and started piecing my mask together using wire to attach the pieces. I too found a pot with a similar diameter and let the mask dry there.
Like I said above, our LAWYER said LLC is the best. Other than the annual cost, there is no downside for all of the protection.
I started as a sole p, but as I started doing weddings and paid off our home, I was at much more risk. Our best friend is a lawyer and he told me to go with an LLC. It wasn't hard to set up, but it was a pain in the a@$ to change all of my business licensee, bank account, and everything else. I wish I would have done the LLC from the begining. Also, I am with auto owners insurance and have so much more and better insurance than I had before. The business policy is $500...
We use a French buttercream that uses the entire egg and the syrup is heated to firm ball stage. I love it's richness and texture. It's even better when Flavors are added. I offer this type of icing and our "kids"buttercream which is an all butter/powdered sugar/whipping cream type recipe that is for the people with a sweet tooth. At my tastings, more people like the French buttercream for weddings. Just remember that a shortening icing coats the inside of your mouth....
Don't give any Monet back, but do ask her for her feedback so you know for the future. You mightn't have been clear enough on the price. Since you are not legal, people would expect not to pay as much since you are sttill learning and don't have insurance, overhead, etc. You both need to start a spreadsheet with the cost of everything down to the 1/4 cup and teaspoon. Then figure how much your recipe cost in ingredients. Then wear a stop watch and time yourself making...