Posts by bbsmom

Didn't even think of doing them as 1 piece-thanks Dayti! And yes, I was using water/paste mixture as glue so will try with the RI. Really appreciate your advice!
I've tried searching this site & Google but either not saying this right or?? I've been trying to make 2 entwined hearts (using 50/50) to use as a cake topper for my niece and since this is something I haven't done...questions! I've tried 2 practice ones but not pleased. The larger "open" hearts obviously have to be 1 in front of the other but can't get them to stick together-tried bracing the front one to level with back 1-Do I glue them together then airbrush (using...
Thanks for the suggestions! I was leaning towards just dots of RI as cake will be covered in BC-I think that will be the best way to keep the colors right.
My niece wants one layer of her cake to be quilted with pearls at the intersections, however her colors are either navy, deep purple or silver. I know I can purchase the silver dragees but can't find the other colors. If I make the pearls out of colored fondant, will they turn rock hard and/or should I ask, how far ahead could I make them so they aren't. I don't want anyone cracking a tooth and knowing our family...doubt anyone would take the time to remove before eating!...
As a child, I loved to help my great Aunt make cakes & goodies with her 4.5 KA, and now, 40 some years later, I use it for my baking! It's not great for double batches, and sometimes I have to stir out bubbles in BC but since I just hobby bake, its been a treasured blessing! 
I'm sure others have used many more times than I have (especially Leah_S) but for the past 2 years, I've been a "convert"! With 6 kids,13 grandkids, 2 great grandkids, ?? nieces & nephews, friends getting married, as a home baker I  keep pretty busy practicing! We live about 2 hrs away from everyone and learning about SPS has "saved" me from ruining anyone's party! Last wedding was 5 tiers, middle of which was a smaller foam spacer, I did take that in 2 layers but assembly...
I have transported several cakes using dry ice, BUT mine were BC covered with fondant accents so others may have better advice...! I can tell you to be sure to use a heavy (moving type) box as the ice will "melt" and make the area where you put it damp/wet. I usually put it on a piece of foil to help this problem. Also-don't "over do" the ice-I usually travel 2 hrs for family delivers(in FL) and put a small chunk in each corner, maybe a 2-3" piece, and still have ice at...
Florida resident- I've been "family & Friends" baking for a while and am in the process of getting things together under our Cottage Law. I was fortunate to reach someone at county offices that have been very helpful. In our county, we do have to get the occupational license, but she also brought up that there is a section for that license where person's working out of the home are not allowed to engage in "retail" transactions in the home. This was explained to me (for...
Thanks ladies! The difference was much easier to see between your pictures-and I'd have to say, it's the 3" difference I was definitely looking for!
I've been looking at adding hexagon pans to the pantry and basically find 2 sets available. Wilton's seem to be in increments of 3" and FD's available in increments of 2". I am wondering, when stacked, which offers the best "look"? Anyone willing to give your opinion? Can't really get both at this time -Thanks!