Posts by dkltll

Your cakes are breathtaking! It takes a lot of grace & class to handle the situation as you did. They say, what goes around comes around, well you have good Karma coming your way.
Don't give up! I have never used Satin Ice; however, your experience sounds exactly like my first couple of tries at fondant. I vowed never to bake again!!!! I have since taken a deep breath & tried again & it gets better each time I work with it. It went so smoothly the last 2 cakes I made that I told my DH it scared me & I was waiting for the whole thing to fall apart or some other catastrophe! Alas, it all went went well. So just practice, practice, practice & be...
The first thing I do when I need ideas is go to Search & look: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=Harry%20Potter or you could go to google & search Harry potter cakes in images.HTH
I work in a furniture store by day & this almost happened to us. The hearing impaired relay service called for a customer & the customer wanted a dining set to be shipped to an elderly aunt. They gave us CC info & shipping address but said the shipping company only took cash or wire transfers. They gave us the info to send the extra $400 to the shipping company. Once we researched a little we discovered the shipper was in Africa & we are in Florida! We called the police,...
I always take a whisk to the dry cake mix & whisk until all of the clumps are out & it looks like flour. I have found that my cakes come out fluffier & I have even had the hubs tell me how much I've improved!
I read this last night & was unable to post a reply; however, please know that I spent a while on my knees last night lifting up you & your family! It is difficult to watch your children in pain & be unable to help. Please use your energies to be there for your daughter & let others do for you (please don't be afraid to ask for help!!!). I am sure the bride will understand, there aren't as many heartless people out there as we sometimes imagine. I will continue to pray...
Check out this post in the forums. It has really good info on the subject. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586218.htmlGood Luck!
LMAO! I literally just came from Cake Wrecks & was laughing at the winners! That was one of my favorite wrecks! Way to go!
It does come in plain white. I bought some last week. It smells better & tastes better than Wilton's!! However, I live in an extremely humid place & the fondant just turned to goo! I wrote the company that makes it & they said they weren't aware of any humidity problems. I am sending the rest of it back & they are sending me a new batch & a cake mix so we will see if it was just a bad batch or it just is too delicate for the humidity.
What Piccolo said! I don't have a cake biz but I do maintain the website for my day job. Google has really great FREE information on how to get noticed by search engines. Talk to the people that maintain your site & ask them what keywords they are using in your meta tags. Again, listen to Piccolo about blogspot, Facebook, Twitter, etc.. They are all FREE!The next time a rude salesperson calls just hang up! I had a guy tell me one time that I was violating all kind of...