Posts by trishalynn0708

Will this work if I don't have tylose powder??? All I have is the MMF I am going to make. I don't live anywhere near any big stores or anything to pick up any and the cake is for Tuesday...
I was asked to make a 10' round cake, purple with pink hearts.. I found this picture online and would like to do something similar with the fondant strips up the side and then the spiral fondant... Can anyone give me any pointers how on how to get my fondant spiral like that? And how do I attach them all together without and frosting showing???Thanks for any help!
I always do a crumb coat on my cakes.... And I still get a ripped spread on the outside of my cake when i'm trying to smooth it out.
For some reason when I make my buttercream and spread it on my cakes, I notice that it seems like it "ripped" if that makes sense. When I run my spatula around my cake it leaves like streaks that sort of looks like my cake ripped.. I have to go back in with more buttercream to fill in holes.. but I have watched a lot of videos where the buttercream is really smooth.. My recipe I use is this:1 c shortening1 c butter1 tsp vanilla1 bag powdered sugar3-4 tbsp milkAnd I am NOT...
A friend asked me to make a couple cakes for her.... She wants a 10 inch cake. I have Wilton cake pans (2 inches).. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to tell me what you charge for just a 10 inch cake, no top tier or anything....Thanks for any feedback...
I found this cake on here, love the sunflowers on top. can anyone tell me what tips are used to make it and how it's done??http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1496371/autumn-birthday
A friend asked me to make her daughter's birthday cake.. But her daughter is allergic to eggs. Does anyone have a cake recipe that doesn't have eggs in it but doesn't crumble and will hold up to a stacked cake?
I need to make a cookie monster blue but only have royal blue food coloring... Is there another color I can add with that to make it a cookie monster blue??Will attach a link to the cake I am referring to:http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2210757/elmocookie-monster-cakeI was told they used navy blue by wilton but I don't have that color.
I need to make a small graduation cap to go on top of a cake for this weekend. I have the cap made but I am having a hard time making the tassel. I have tried cutting my fondant with scissors and a knife and the pieces keep falling off... can anyone give me some tips on what to do? Or maybe tell me something else I could use for the tassel???Thank you!
That is a great idea! I have a graduation cake I am doing this weekend. I am making the graduation cap out of fondant tomorrow and letting it air dry until Friday. Along with the diploma. Then I am going to put it on the cake before I deliver it and just tell them to leave the cake at room temperature until Saturday, which is the day the party is....