Posts by trishalynn0708

Does freezing the cake mess with the consistency at all?? All 3 tiers are going to be marbled.. Should I make a simple syrup or something to put in between the cakes to refresh them before I decorate?? And also, how long before hand do I take the cakes out of the freezer so they aren't frozen when I decorate, or do I want them frozen??
That cake is almost identical, thank you!! I tried to make my picture bigger but it kept blurring...
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they do when they get huge orders for a wedding? This is my first and I want to make a schedule so i can make sure that I get everything figured out.. The wedding is on July 14th (next month).. I have 100 cupcakes to make and a 3 tiered cake...I am wondering how long before hand should I bake everything? And how do I keep it the freshest? I normally will bake my cakes the day before and wrap them a few times in plastic wrap and...
Someone asked me to make them a wedding cake.... I have not done a lot of scroll work.. I am wondering if the cake they sent me is done with chocolate?? I have seen where you can print out templates of scroll work and then let them harden and put them on the cake.. Does this look like that?? Any tips for me to do this?
I remember seeing a website somewhere that showed how to make the "roses" out of buttercream on top of cupcakes... And also showed what tips do what swirl on top of the cupcakes....Does anyone have something similar to do they could share the link with me?
I have a wedding cake coming up, not sure if i'm going to use fondant to wrap around the bottom of the cake or ribbon...Does anyone have a preference they could give me? And how do you attach both so that I know in advance what I will need to do...
Is a non crusting buttercream better to use than a crusting one for wedding cakes?
I am making my FIRST wedding cake for a family friend... I was wondering, should I just use my original buttercream that I normally use, or is there another recipe I could use for wedding cakes? I am worried a bit about the heat since it's going to be hot....Also, I have noticed lately that my buttercream doesn't seem to be smoothing as well as it should. I have seen SO many cakes that are smooth and look amazing, my seem to look like they are tearing and when I use the...
I'm not doing the whole cake in fondant.. I only have a few accent pieces that I am putting on my cake.. My cake is buttercream.. I just need to know some easy way to get the powdered sugar off my fondant pieces...
I haven't worked that much with fondant. A cake I am doing has some fondant pieces on it. I was wondering what I can use to make my fondant shiny and get rid of the powdered sugar that is on it... I know that you can use vodka, we aren't a drinking family and since I don't make that many cakes with a lot of fondant I would rather not buy a bottle.... And I have read you can steam it but I don't have a steamer..Is there anything I can do that is quick and easy and use that...