Posts by sweetflowers

Adding tylose to fondant makes more of a modeling paste than gumpaste. Depending on the fondant recipe (or brand) it could have some of the same ingredients as gumpaste but not the same proportions. If you have tylose, can you make tylose gumpaste? It's egg white, powdered sugar and tylose and will hold up much better in humidity than modified fondant.If the humidity is really bad, I'm not sure if you'll need a de-humidifier or silica packs to help out. What are you...
Are you wanting hard ice cubes or gummy ones? The recipe for the gelatin would differ, but I would think the gummy gelatin would work, in a plastic ice cube tray since the gelatin doesn't stick to plastic. I'm not sure about what shape you would get pouring isomalt onto a mat, I think it would need to be a silicon mold to get a cube shape. I do know there are instructions for making ice cubes if you do a search online.
I think having someone repeat to me that 'I was mistaken' when I clearly knew what my friend paid would make me angry. I know the 'promo, one time, or discount' wording might be better .
CiNoRi, Duncan Hines changed their sizes to the smaller size months ago. When BC first changed theirs I did write DH and complimented them on keeping their size, to no avail, they changed it anyway. Pillsbury was the last to change just recently. I have no option for store brands in my area, so I am now a scratch baker. I already had recipes for scratch just too lazy to do them, now I will always use scratch, at least that size and recipe formula will always be...
Using the discs, I normally put the amount of green I need by weight, then add 1 disc of yellow at a time until I get the desired color. Then if I need more I know how many yellows to use for the weighed amount of green. Sorry I don't know the ratio, but that will work.
The pink cake (1st one) looks like a oval cutter to me, then they added the pleat lines. The crimper I have won't give this nice oval effect. The 2nd looked like a crimper, not squeezed of course. Very pretty effect. I suppose there could be a tool out there like the diamond one that is in these shapes, but I'm sure the cutter/crimper will work.
It looks like the right applique of this mold (I have it as a blue mold myself) and then she added small plunger blossoms between the repeats.http://www.jenniferdontz.com/Flower-Designs_p_642.html
I seem to recall it was a tough choice, since nothing really described what I was doing, I think I registered it as a 'service' and I did list my home as the primary place, no employees, since that was their biggest concern with zoning. And some business is conducted over the internet. They seemed fine with it, but I live in a small city too. Hopefully your city hall will be as good and organized as mine. They had all the steps, in the order requed, and forms all...
"You are a very pleasant young woman with which I hope to to business again with someday. Thank you,"I only want to say you have a typo in the last line, probably should be... I hope TO DO business again....
The same here in CA. Can't sell cakes, but I can teach. I went to my city offices to the county clerk to register my business. They will have a list of requirements for you to do (publishing the buisness name, Sales tax, etc....) but your codes and requirements will probably be different than mine. The main thing for teaching privately (which I also do) is zoning. The city is worried about traffic and neighbor complaints so go to them first. I did not need a health...