Posts by Lcubed82

That wouldn't go over too well with folks I know!
What about : Lena in a beautiful font, then Cake Designs in a smaller block font under that. Maybe angle the Lena just a little with the second line just a bit to the right.Lena Cake DesignCan't get this to do what I want! but I'm sure you get the idea. Good luck!
I was having trouble with the tassel always breaking off on my grad hats. I ended up widening it out just a bit so that area was not so small. Then followed the suggestions above re chilling, moving as little as possible.
I like the different textures presented. I agree that you need to figure the amount she overpaid (if any) for the fondant topper on the 2nd half vs buttercream, and refund that no questions asked. If she then expresses disappointment, ask her what would make her happier, and negotiate from there.
What a cutie! Cake looks great too! The texturing looks wonderful!
I googled, and found one recipe that says to brush the marzipan lightly with water, which will "glue" the fondant on. Another recipe says egg whites.
Shelley, I have not worked with the special topsy turvy pans. It looks like the shape of the pan should replace having to cut the angle for the top of each tier. I would think about cutting the space in each tier for the next one up to rest in. (There are several good tutorials for this on YouTube; I like Janelle's.) After cutting that area down, and covering with icing or fondant, then you peg the tiers just as you would for regular flat tiers.I think some people...
Pick a time to do your cake when it is just for you, not for a customer. No deadline to meet!If not handy with fondant, cover it with buttercream. That way you can try the carving/stacking without extra worries the first time.You'll never learn if you don't jump in! Just reduce the stressors as much as possible so you can have fun. Maybe this first one, you don't even decorate, just stack and ice/cover. I served my first at a party with just the ganache covering,...
I found this article about different flourshttp://www.theartisan.net/flour_descriptions_and_definitions.htmI always use all-purpose flour for my cookies.
It sounds like they want 400 dollars. Either "tent rental" or donation. If you want to do it, and think you can clear it, offer them 400 dollars. If you make more, and want to offer more after, then good for you!